Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm looking for a water fillable float.
[Smile] I had some and I'm down to my last one.

It's a clear plastic barrell shaped float. It has a pin in it's middle. You can pull the pin and let some water into the float. The Pin is hollowed out so the line can go through, and it will slide up the line.

You can cast a country mile with that 1/2 Oz of water in that float.

Do you know where I can get some more? Not WalMart or Kmart or most sporting goods outlets around Lake Charles LA.
[signature]
Hey there Thudpucker, You can find those bubbles at [url "http://www.cabelas.com"]www.cabelas.com[/url]

They come in different colors, are inexpensive and ship rather quickly depending on the shipping method that you decide to choose.

I hope this helps you. I buy alot of things from cabelas myself and I am really happy with the service.
[signature]
a less expencive rought is to buy clear plastic bubbles and use a small diamiter drill and poke a hole in the bubble and use round tooth pick as plugs.

when drilling is best to place the bubbles in a vice using a lether or card board product protector to keep from crushing and scratching your bubbles. also use side cutters, (wire cutter) to cut round tooth picks off to lenth.

for our macheining buddies around here that is a .010 pressed fit. on the drill size.

dont grill in the side but twards the big round side on the round section. there is more plastic there and will handle the preasure of the swelling toothpick.

make extra tooth pic plugs incase you want to ajust your weight of the bubble.

tieing your line to a plastic bubble alone will travle farther than you can see a clear plastic bubble.

the cost of the home made variety will run under 50cents apeice if you buy the bubbles in bulk. other wise they are about 55 cents each.

I have been using the same bubble for 30+ years replaceing the eye screws once every 5 years or so, (if it starts looking dingy and fealing rough)
[signature]

Hey there Thud,

Welcome to BFT!!! Whew! I thought you were talking about some neutral boyancy floattube (kinda like why aircraft carriers can float) that I haven't heard of!! They might be cool if avaliable (unsinkable) but would be a bear to move around with a pair of little enlarged froggy flippers.

Agan, welcome, and happy holidays!!

JapanRon
[signature]
There was no message on your last attempt. Let me know it you still need some. I may have a few extras that I could send you.
[signature]
Sorry guys, we are having a little trouble in the NET

I got your LOL Japan Ron. Good one. Tubn2 I dont need them right now but thanks for the very generous offer. I'll be travelling this summer and will be going by a Cabelas.

I might try some of those others (Adjusta fill) too. The waterfilled floats work good for the kids.

I was convinced there was nothing you couldnt find in a BassPro shop. But nooooo Tough Bubbles.
[signature]

[signature]
[laugh]Dryrod is veeeery crafty at putting his thoughts in the form of pictures in the Reply.

Nope, that's not it. I'm sure the place I got my old floats from is out of business too.
The 'ToughBubble' mentioned above are what I was thinking of.

However, in your picture there is mentioned the "bobber stop" and I use those on most of my Crappie rods. That's the little bugger that will allow me to reel the minnow right up to the tip of the rod, then poke the tip through the limbs to the base of the tree and then let go of the line. The Bobber stop will slide right through the guides, but will stop the line going down, right at the bobber at the correct depth. Marvelous invention!

That Trout in your signature is magnificient! I am truly envious! Reminds me of my early days fishing for Rainbows in the Pacific Northwest and Canada.

A dilemma is: Getting a 4lb, 35 inch rainbow up to the boat, and there's nobody around to share it with. The dilemma? Do you enjoy the experience, and let it go, or do you take it home and show your friends?
No sir, I'm not telling you what I did!
[signature]
[Sad][size 1]Hey Thudpucker,[/size]

[size 1]Duh - I goofed. Didn't have my glasses on and thought that I was grabbing the package that my water float came in. Don't think that I have the original packaging any more. You are right when you said that the sucker will fly a mile with just a little bit of water added.[/size]
[signature]
Here in Utah their sold in just about every sporting goods store, tackle shop and superstore like wal-mart , k-mart, and ShopKo. They're quite inexpensive, usually you can get like 3 for a dollar.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hey Thudpucker,[/size]

[size 1]I believe this is the float that you are refering to. One position shows the hollow tube ready to let water in and the other in fishing mode. [/size]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2187;]
[signature]
[Wink]Dat's it, Dat be's the flying flinger.

LOL on the glasses. I'd be hard pressed to find my dinner without my glasses.

My plans are to head north west in the spring. I'll be going through several of the western states. Including Utah. i'll be headed back to AK, and always jump off from Seattle.
I should be able to re-fill the tackle box on that trip.

I just cant remember where I got all those Bubbles, or even why. It was during my Trout fishing and Steelhead days in Washington state though.
They are so handy, I'm gonna miss them if I run out before my spring trip.

I wonder why CAT cant get his license till Feb 4th? Fish and game dont want the money? Fat chance there!

My Louisiana license is $5.00 for a year. When I fish in Mississippi it's $33.00. Is any kind of fish in Mississippi worth that kind of money?
Nope! Not at all, but fishing with my 5yr old grandson without having to worry about the Cops is.
The Alaska license is more. I just pay it and say nothing. It only hurts for a little while that way.
On the other hand, Alaska's license get's you so much more! It's been worth the money to me for a whole summer's fishing, clamming etc etc....

Thanks for all the help you guys, and Cat, c'mon back and tell us why you cant fish till Feb 4th. Ice on the lakes?
[signature]
Hey Thudpucker, you can order those bubbles online through Cabellas. I purchased some a short while back. I bought a package of clear, yellow and orange. They were very inexpensive and as you know, they can last a long time.
[signature]
[Wink]Yup,, thanks tubes. I saw that in your first post.

I sometimes go up to the northwest through Nebraska. When I do, I always stop at the Cabelas store near Minden.
I love that Museum at Minden. It takes three days to go through that Museum. See all the old stuff and visit with the active history.

Dont miss the chance, if it ever comes to you.
[signature]
I found the floats you're looking for at a WalMart here in Colorado. They're marketed by South Bend and, at this store, at least, they come in three sizes (1.25", 1.75", and 2.5") They're in 12 packs at around $4 per pack as I recall.
[signature]
That's a good price. They are about 1/3 more her in Cali. at Wallmart.
[signature]
Hey, sorry I haven't checked this post for awhile. To make a long story short, I screwed up when I applied online for the Utah 2004 Spring Turkey hunt. Since I buy a combination fishing/hunting license (saves me about $9), I had the choice of buying one then (back in the beginning of Dec.) or having them purchase me one automatically if I draw out. I chose the latter, which now turns out was a dumb move. I have to wait till Feb. 4th when they post the draw to get my license. If I just buy one now, they'll charge me for a second one when (if) I draw out. So, I gotta wait to see the results. If I don't draw out, I go buy my license that day. If I do, they'll automatically buy me the Turkey tag as well as the license. Well, I guess that wasn't very short after all. But that's why I can't fish till Feb.

Not that I have much time to fish now anyway -- I got some much to do going to school full time and working full time anyway. [crazy][crazy][shocked]
[signature]
You could give it a try. People catch catfish on anything that smells -- especially in lakes that are a little murkier. They rely more on their sense of smell when the water clarity is poor. I find that the best stuff for catfish in my local lake is a chunk of fish meat -- carp or other.
[signature]
I know TN2 mentions it and it works for me to but mackeral dried out and coated in garlic works great.

I catch a few mackerals. Leave them out in the sun heavily covered in garlic powder until they start drying out. Then seal them in a container.

Works everytime[Wink]
[signature]