Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay
Decided to go out to the bay today and test my luck. Got there about 3 pm and the boat ramp in the north marina was a joke. Did get out on the water after about 45 minutes of waiting though. Water temp was about 73. Trolled through freeway bay and hooked one little wiper, and then we turned back towards the north dike and hooked another little walleye. Trolled down the north dike and nothing so headed back to the north marina. Just before the marina we decided to reel in our lines, and I got lucky and snagged another eye on the reel in. We changed up speeds alot, fast and slow. I caught all the fish around 3.2mph. So 3 fish in 3 hours..I'll take it. We had our best luck on little 1.5" shad cranks. Seems to be alot of activity on the fish-finder, just not many takers. We put all fish back to swim another day.
[signature]
Nice catches.

I was getting off as you were trying to get on. Well I got off about 2, but there was a long line at that time. Good thing I don't have to sit in the line to get off the water because of the kayak. I ended up with 4 wipers and 3 more hook-ups that I couldn't land. But I spent more time on the water.
[signature]
Went in at the south end yesterday Didn't have same long lines you did, but was on the water about 7 hours and catch rate was about the same. Nice to know I'm not the only one that caught small Wipers, and had to run at 3+ mph. But like you said or similar to like you said 5 fish in 7 hours, beats the heck out of 7 hours and a skunk.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
My uncle and I took my 9 year old daughter out today. We put 30 fish in the boat, 8 eyes and the rest wipers. She had a blast. Most of the wipers were small, we did get one about 3 lbs.
[signature]
You must know the secret spot. ;-) Glad to hear someone is catching them. Also glad to hear you got your daughter out, I ask mine to go with me all the time snd she wants nothing to do with it..
[signature]
She was up and ready at 5:30 this morning. She loves fishing.
[signature]