Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River access?
If this has been asked before, I'm sorry. I did a search, and didn't find what I wanted - so here goes.

#1 - Anybody know a good place on the Weber River within 20 miles of Layton (either up Ogden way, or eastward in the canyon) that's good for fishing? To clarify, my definition of a good spot is: can walk easily to it, short distance (less than 1/2 mile), not too much steepness, and not too much legal hassle.

#2 - Speaking of the legal hassle, I went to a new spot today. The signs all around say it's private property and no trespassing...and every OTHER sign says angler access point. I have a walk-in permit for general use, but do I need to contact a land owner and specifically get permission?
It's a little spot where I-84 and Hwy 89 meet up, in South Weber. (picture)

P.S. It's nice and clean. I only had to pick up a little trash - one "big gulp" cup, a candy wrapper, receipt, and a beat up mechanical pencil.
[signature]
The Weber is fishable through Ogden, there is a couple of places along I84 that are easy drive in and within 50 yards of the water.

http://wildlife.utah.gov/hotspots/brwaterbody.php?id=64

http://wildlife.utah.gov/hotspots/access...1279219231

As you come off junction 92, if you turn back to the right doing a 180° you can park and fish under and around the trestle, if you go to the right and ahead you can fish under the bridge and follow the river upstream fishing as you go.

I've fished both of these spinning, got bites on both, a nice 16" brown at the trestle, a way smaller one 8 - 8 1/2", if you take every exit off the freeway, you find a number of walkin's before you get to Coalville, from there on all the way out to Echo res, there are 15 or more Walk in access (boxed) or general access, along the frontage road West of I84. This is about double your 20 miles from Layton.

If you fish I84 out to Morgan your just past the 20 mile trip. There are a few places with pulloff's check them out on Google maps, and it's easy access, but I've not fished them myself, (just spoken to people who said they have).
[signature]
[#000050]Get your free walk in access authorization number, then go to the Thurston walk in access property in Morgan.[/#000050]
[signature]
My little brother and I use to fish that very spot some 20+ years ago. In fact my limiter brother took a 5lb & approximately 8lb brown from that spot. I have also done pretty well down river a bit from that point under the bridge that goes up over near the toll way. I use to use yellow with red dot Panther Martin spinners. We grew up in mt. Green so we use to fish the stretch of river from the Peterson exit all down to the mt green exit all the time.
[signature]
If I remember right, there was a rest stop just a couple miles east of the 84/89 junction, and it had a little dam or spillway or something. Fishing was great there. But the last few times I've been on 84 I can't figure out how to get there. One year there was lots of construction and had those big cement barriers.

I may have to take a leisurely drive that'a way next week, and see what I can figure out Smile
[signature]