Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horse Shoe Springs (12-24)
My girl and I wanted to go out to my grand papies house, which very convenintly lies in Skull Valley between Timpie & Horse Shoe. We stopped at Timpie first to get a few dozen minnows. I threw out a couple of minnow traps, but Marissa caught most of them on a little golden hook. I mixed some clorox and water together in a cooler, and went to his house. We talked to him for about half an hour, then we were on our way to Horse Shoe. We walked over to the deepest hole to the south, and baited up w/ half a chub under a bubble. I rigged up 2 poles earlier, fully expecting her to reel in all the fish. Five minutes after we got there, she caught 1 large mouth about 3 pounds. Not too shabby! After that, it was non stop!!!![Smile] A couple of times I had to stuff the rod under my left armpit and reel with my right hand, cuse she had another fish on! About noon, we were about ready to go, and she hooked into another bass. This one was HUGE!! I netted it for her, and shook a smaller bass out of the fish holder pot, and put him in. Later when we got back to my place, I weighted him right at 7 pounds 3 oz, and 22 2/8 inches long. An absolute pig!! That ones goin on the wall for her! All in all, She caught 19 largies, from about a pound up to the bigun. I managed to catch 4 of em, from 1-3 pounds. We kept our limmits, and had a pretty dang good dinner!
[signature]
Nice job kid, way to go. never heard of timpie, what is it and where is it at. I'd love to get a bass fix this time of year. wow what a HOG!!!
[signature]
Sounds like you guys really put the hurt on the bass. Congrats. Sounds like your friend is a good luck charm....better keep her around. How is the arm healing up?
[signature]
Timpie is a little hot spring right by I-80 at the base of the Stansburries in skull valley. Just be cautious-The rain water killifish in there is an endangered species. The arm is really killing me today. Atleast I go in for surgury tomorrow. I can't wait to use it again!!!
[signature]