Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
onieda narrows
Im going with the family to onieda narrows in a few weeks for an overnight camping trip and float the river. Ive never been there and was wondering what the fishing was like in both the lake and the river below. Im from ut and just wondering if it is worth buying a license for. I saw one website that said the river had cutthroat. Any info would be great. Thanks.
[signature]
Don't forget to purchase a Idaho Invasive Species sticker for your boat if you're bring it up from Utah -
price is $22 or so..

Look forward to your report as this water is on my walleye Bucklist .
[signature]
The small mouth have taken over in the river and the lake. Last time I went on the river I couldnt keep the small mouth off of my line. Issue being that they are eating themselves to stunt levels. I could have taken one picture and said it was the other 50 I caught since they were all the exact same size which is small. The lake is weeded up around the edges so with a boat you might be able to fish the weed edges and do well but will likely be small mouth. Ive heard I am wrong on the small mouth taking over. That there are tons of trout still down in the river but I am usually fishing for walleye.
[signature]