Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
scofield suggestions??
I'm new to fishing and especially new to ice fishing. I'm heading up to Scofield Saturday morning and some hints would be great: What to use? What depth? What part to go to etc.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. And will anyone else be in the neighborhood?

Loren Sackett
[signature]
We were there a few weeks ago and fished south of the dam by the shacks. After you go by the dam you will see some shacks, turned there and park down by the ice. We walked out about 100yds or so and fished in 15ft of water. We were using Rat finkies and a piece of night crawler, ice flies also worked. Good luck and let us know how you do. WH2
[signature]
WE FISHED THERE ABOUT THE SAME TINE AND PLACE AS WH2 DID. USED WHITE AND GLOW IN THE DARK WATER CRICKETTS WITH RAT FINKIE DROPPER, TIPPED WITH WAX WORM OR BERKLEY'S POWER NATURALS EARTHWORM. EACH OF US CAUGHT 6 IN A COUPLE OF HOURS, NICE FAT FOOTBALL SHAPED 14" TO 18".

GOOD FISHING!!!!!
[signature]
I was there a couple weeks ago as well, unfortunately we were in closer to the dam, and we didn't catch much. Only landed 3 all day....so either fish out from the shacks, or head over towards the island. Good luck.
[signature]