Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry, Jordanelle, & Rockport
Did quite a bit of fishing over the long weekend. Last week my daughter Kylee and I went camping Tue through Thursday. We stayed at Jordanelle but one morning decided to go up to Strawberry. Kylee really wants to catch a tagged fish in the fish contest! No tags and slow fishing though. We caught a rainbow and a cut and that was all in a morning of fishing.

[img][Image: IMG_3392_zpsaa69e403.jpg][/img]
[img][Image: IMG_3394_zps931e69bc.jpg][/img]

We did a lot better at Jordanelle. I am really getting into bass fishing with a fly rod. We did not catch anything very big but we caught a lot of fish. We did really well one evening from shore using poppers and caught a lot of bass on top. That was a blast! They were not very big and were stuffed full of some kind of small fish fry.

[img][Image: IMG_3401_zps9686a493.jpg][/[/img]
[img][URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/MarkMemmott/media/IMG_3403_zpsb137cdcc.jpg.html][Image: IMG_3403_zpsb137cdcc.jpg]
[/img]

The last morning we fished over at the Rockcliffs side and kickboated that bay. Kylee got tired of kicking around her self and tied her boat to mine and let me do all the work!

[img][Image: IMG_3411_zpscea66a04.jpg][/img]

We did ok on bass throwing bead headed olive buggers among the rocks and submerged logs and trees. Nothing really big but quite a few 9-11 inchers. We were headed in and were almost to the small boat ramp when I had what felt like a bigger fish hit my bugger. It ended up being a nice 19 inch brown. I have caught tons of browns on rivers but I think this is the first one I have caught from a lake.

[img][Image: IMG_3422_zpsbbe2246b.jpg][/img]

We had to go back home Thursday night and spent the 4th and Saturday doing 4th of July activities. I decided to go fishing on and Sunday and as I have heard that Rockport has been fishing pretty good I decided to try it. I launched at the boat ramp and then headed south down the East soreline. I immediately picked up this nice 14 inch bass and thought I was going to have a good day. Five hours later though all I had caught was 2 more little bass and one Rainbow. The water was pretty muddy from all the boat traffic so I wonder if that was why it was slower fishing. Next weekend I think I will go back to Jorndanelle or try East Canyon.

[img][Image: IMG_3425_zps73facd48.jpg][/img]

Mark
[signature]
Great report, thanks for sharing.[cool]
[signature]
great pics looks like kylee has the right idea about having you do all the work.[cool]
[signature]
Now that is a nice report! It sounds like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the pics as well. I think I'll try Joes Valley this weekend, probably in the rain...
[signature]
Nice repot. My wife and I did very very well saturday, throwing damsels in the grass along the south end, for 8 to 15 inch smallies at rockport. I will try to post pics later.
[signature]