Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scadden Dragonfly at Island Park
Just got back from two weeks at Island Park Idaho where we put our new Dragonfly to good use on the Henry's Fork below Big Springs and down Box Canyon; Warm River; Henry's Lake; and Island Park Reservoir.

With its hard, drop-stitch floor, rowing frame, dual seats, motor bracket, and anchor, it performed like a champ every day. Water flow was so low in Box Canyon that few drift boats dared make the trip, but the Dragonfly had no problem floating over the sharp, lava rocks.

A great boat that does it all with style, comfort, and functionality.

[inline "Henry's Fork 1.jpg"]
Anchor made it easy to stop and fish.[font "Helvetica"][#141823]
[/#141823][/font]

[inline "Henry's Fork 2.jpg"]
Henry's Fork and Sawtell Peak. Lean-bar and stripping basket are must-have accessories.[font "Helvetica"][#141823]
[/#141823][/font]

[inline "Henry's Fork 5.jpg"]
Rigging on Big Springs as we approach confluence of Henry's Fork.

[inline "Henrys Lake 1.jpg"]
An unusual calm.[font "Helvetica"][#141823]
[/#141823][/font]

[inline "Henrys Lake 2.jpg"]
Nice brook from Henry's Lake.[font "Helvetica"][#141823]
[/#141823][/font]

[inline "Box Canyon.jpg"]
Box Canyon run on Henry's Fork. Water flow was so low that hard-sided drift boats were pranging their floors on the sharp lava rocks -- we just floated right over them.
[signature]
Kind of hard to come back isn't it. Hopefully Joni will be healed up by September so we can do it again. This time with a frame on the Drifter. Great to see you got some good weather on the lake.
[signature]
Nice looking boat and looks like a great trip.
[signature]
Good looking boat, and great trip!
[signature]
Kander:
Nice pics!

Question for FG? I saw the fishing gloves in one pic and wondered how you like them and if you have a link?

Thanks,

PM

Kander answered this for you. I don't wear gloves.
[signature]
These are Buff "sun gloves" but we've gone through a couple of pairs from various companies, and they all serve the purpose of keeping tops of hands from frying in the sun (sun screens gets washed off too easily).

They are light-weight and dry quickly but if you're catching fish, they get pretty stinky by the end of the day -- and smell even worse the next trip if you forget to wash them.

Any fingerless gloves that offer sun protection will work. Tried some fleece and neoprene fingerless gloves last fall in hopes of keeping warm, but it seems wet hands will always mean cold hands.
[signature]
A second thumbs-up for fingerless sun gloves (pun intended). I also have a pair of Buff gloves. Thought they'd be clumsy, but they aren't. I also thought I'd have to remove them before handling a trout, but my guide on this year's Missouri River trip wore his and said that as long as I wetted them first - as I would bare hands - there's no problem.

In short, I'm sold.
[signature]