Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's over on Utah Lake
The water levels decline and the fishing improves. It's been a great season on Utah Lake, but its time to take the big pontoon boat off the lake and head to strawberry and its deeper waters for the rest of the season.

This season we have had 100's of veterans and wounded warriors fishing with us as well as many children with disabilities and I would have liked to stay on the lake until ice is on it, but its so shallow now that it has become a danger for all of the wheelchair bound individuals who travel across the lake with us.

Today I had 5 WWII vets from the Payson veterans home and 2 of the caretaker nurses. we caught catfish until hell would have no end to it. It was truly a memorable day.

The oldest was 97 and the balance nearly that old. It Saddens me to realize that they will be gone by this time next year. Many that have fished with me are no longer here which Saddens me, but I suppose it brings me some solace that before they died I could share my love of fishing with them and brighten their days, Here are a few pictures from the day.
[signature]
You're a good man for all the work you do. We should all be so lucky as to take a page from your book. I'd really like to meet and shake your hand at the DAV event this year. God bless!
[signature]
Thank you.
[signature]
I spent a couple months earlier this year working at the Payson VA home and can't tell you how much these veterans look forward to, and appreciate these trips. You provide a tremendous service. Thank you!
[signature]
Great report and thank you for all of the wonderful work that you do. Curious, do they require them to have fishing licenses?
[signature]
Thank you for all of your kind words.

The state of Utah requires them to have a fishing license. I require nothing. I believe they paid their dues in the jungles of Vietnam, the islands of the Pacific, the invasion of Normandy and the deserts of Iraq and Afghanistan. They paid with their blood and limbs. I don't ask and if they ever get a ticket...I will pay for it. Having said that, as far as I know each and everyone of them had a current license.
You are a good man.
[signature]

" You're a good man for all the work you do. We should all be so lucky as to take a page from your book."

What WiperMac said...........my exact sentiments. I too would very much like to meet you and personnaly thank you for you unselfish efforts.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
[cool]Nice work, man. I'm sure that these veterans talk about their fishing experience with you for the remainder of their days when you get them into fish like that...
[signature]
Thank you for giving our nations heros a good time, you are a very honorable person.
[signature]