Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond Pike (report)
went to redmond today got there at 11:00 fished until 3:30..we caught 2 pike and thats all the bites we got.. would have pic's but i left my media card in the card reader so when i got the camrea out to take the pic.. NO CARD.. talked to some of the locals down there today and they say is's been realy slow this year and that the water level was realy low this summer and that might have something to do with the fishing.. anchoves under a bubble was what we were geting the pike on..

from the fuzzyfisher---------------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
Thanks for the report FF, were you using a bobber while fishing on the ice or were you fishing in open water? How big were the pike? WH2
[signature]
no not ice fishing at Redmond.. redmond has hot speings in it, so it dont freeze over even in the coldest of winters.. so it's a nice place to go on day's like yesterday when the wether is to crappy to go ice fishing.. at redmond you can just cast out and sit and watch your bubble in the truck that way you dont freeze..

fish on dudes
[signature]
That's a nice way to fish during these cold winter months. What month do you do the best at Redmond? I'd like to get together with you sometime in 2004 and do some fishing there, is it better to fish from shore or trolling in a boat? WH2
[signature]
That sounds like a great idea when the weather is none too good. Thanks for the report. You headed back up to Electric Lake any time soon?
[signature]
Thanks for the report, Redmond is on my wish list to fish this winter!!!!
[signature]
thaks for the update fuzzy. this looks like the time of year i need to go down now. ill see if i can go within the next few weeks.
[signature]
yeah it's the best time of the year to catch pike at redmond..any time it's cold and yucky out it's a good time to hit it.. i'm going to take the alum down and try some trolling soon..we'll have to see if that makes a difrence or not.. but like i said it has been slow there this year so dont expect a whole lot of fish there..

fish on dudes
[signature]
thanks for the report. I was just thinking about asking if anyone has been there latly. I be hitting it in a few weeks and try and hit it a lot. (I do love pike) may be we can meet up down there. and let some others come and show them all that it's a great lake. are the locals still hunt the ducks and geese there and do they still have there decoys set up all over?
[signature]
yeah there was some hunters out and about out there.. lot's of ducks and geese around too.. no one hunts the side we fish so no conflict there tho..

fish on dudes
[signature]
Hey fuzzy,

Last time I was down there,Thanksgiving,Half the lake was frozen over,Is the ice gone now or is it still frozen half way accross,and I would be really intrested if there was still decoys on the water,the local boys had every landing area covered that day so we hit the river for a while,I would sure like to know who owns the land on the west side of the road while you are leaving redmond headed towards salina,there is a gate there that is chained with no lock,just north of the river,if I could get in there I could launch my scaonoe and motor up the river to a good spot I walked to from the public access area just south of redmond lake,its about a mile and a half walk and carrying decoys,guns,dry boxs,ETC. it really sucks.

Thanks for any info.

Later,Tony
[signature]