Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
umbrella rig question
hi all,
i'm new to the forum and i had a question regarding using umbrella rigs at the colorado river lakes (mead, mohave, laughlin). When i read the arizona regulations, the way i understand it says you can only have 2 rigged baits on an umbrella rig, but nevada regs make it sound like you can have 3 rigged. What is the protocol here? If i misread/misunderstood then i'd love to know before i land a whopper ticket on the lake.
[signature]
If im not mistaken you can have as many baits as you want but only 2 can have hooks. Many of us take swimbaits cut the hook and glue the swimbait to the hook shaft.

IANAL and this is what i was told when i emailed NDOW.

Thanks
Robert
[signature]
Thanks for the reply, its' too bad you can't have 3 or 4 on there with hooks but two should be plenty. I wondered about which law would be enforced at lake mead the nevada rule of 2 hooks or the AZ rule of 3. Guess i'll play it safe.
[signature]
I found an umbrella rig in some brush at 8 mile that was rigged with all 5 , first thing i thought was that's illegal . I highly doubt you will see a ranger on the lake . I had some old jerk baits that i took out of my tackle box that had 3 trebbles on them , by NV rules no more than two , they are illegal too .
[signature]