Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hollow Friday Saturday
I have been following this forum for a while and decided i'd finally kick out a report instead of just reading everyone elses. We put the boat in Friday afternoon at Sand Hollow and fished until 3 am sat. morning. Caught about 22 fish between 1 and 2lbs and hung it up for the night. Same drill Saturday night fished til around 1 and caught about the same amount of little guys with one 3 lb fish in the mix. Caught them all on black senkos and 7 inch power worms from 10-20 feet on the south and east shorelines. It has been slow for big fish at sand hollow for me. Quail has been even slower i haven't caught any big ones there since april. hope this helps, go get em.
JW
[signature]
Does it cool down after dark? It's still kind of hot down here in the daytime. Next week, I may try it after trout fishing.
[signature]
Thanks for joining and posting! Great report.[cool]
[signature]
yes it does cool down depending on the wind and thunderstorm situation. If the wind is not blowing the bugs are bad on the east side. Seems like the fishing slowed down the further into the night we went, caught most of them the last hour of light.
[signature]
I think the quality at sand is on the way down. There are still some big ones though. Just got to weed through a lot of smaller fish.
[signature]