Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otter & Panguitch 12-27
Headed out to Otter Creek early and the horrible roads made is so I wasn't there until after 9. I guess I didn't miss much since everybody I talked to were still waiting for a bite or a fish. I seen one guy with two but that was after I left at 11. Fishing sucked with the gail force winds. I had one bite and missed it. Oh well don't really care how the fishing is here but I like to stop by once in a while for something new. The middle part of the lake was open water but the rest of the lake had 5" of clear ice.

Has anybody else been fishing Otter?

I though Otter was cold but at least the sun was out. Panguitch the wind was even worse and snowing. It sucked because I left my shack at home. Most people left in less then a hour tops and didn't catch a single fish. The group that did the best was two guys in a shack with five 14" bows. I did good and had to leave the pole out so I do anything but nothing over 20". Most were 14" bows and I did get one cut that was 17" and one bow 19" and close to 4 pounds.

The best way over the mountain is through Mammoth Creek I-14. Had to turn around once I hit the first big meadow. Well the drifts were so bad I couldn't make it up that little hill and so I did a nice little U-turn in the road. I-14 was plowed and no drifts at all, beats going through Brian Head/park.
[signature]