Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Res. and whereabouts - Help!
Going to Echo Res. in a couple of weeks to for a quick overnight camping trip with my 12-year old son. Noticed some people fishing the river just below as I drove by this morning on the way back from Wyoming. What advice can you give me on how to have a good fishing experience either on that Res or nearby.

Thanks!
[signature]
If you saw them below the hwy bridge then they were fishing the weber club. If there was a dog with' em then it was Leaky himself! The area is private property but it is fantastic fishing. I had the chance to fish it twice, each time catching close to 100 fish in an afternoon.

Perch were the only thing I ever pulled out of echo in the summer. Bait on the bottom would be my suggestion.
[signature]
Just wondering. . . Is there a permit or application process to fish the Weber Club? Or is it a matter of knowing the right people? After at least 6 fishing trips, my 12 year-old has yet to catch his first fish. Granted, his mentor (yours truly) is far from the expert angler. Looks like that would be just the place for him to taste success, if it were possible. . .

Thanks,
-Aaron
[signature]
What exactly is the "weber club"?
[signature]
Unfortunately it is a place where you have to know somebody,[frown] and supposedly bringing "visitors" has come to an end as well. [frown][frown]

Or at least that is what leaky told me...could have been a good excuse for catching way more fish than him....never beat the boss at corporate golf....lesson learned.[sly]
[signature]