Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
kokanee salmon
Any help on what they are hitting at strawberry would be awsome. I would love to catch some this weekend. I will be in a boat not trying from shore. Thanks
[signature]
a pink/cotton candy. or pink sparkle squid behind a fusion dodger at 40 feet down will get you action
[signature]
Just returned from Strawberry. Fished 7:00a to 1:00p. Used size 00 Luhr Jensen silver dodger with a pearlescent UV (white) squid 10" behind the dodger. Fished 40' to 55' in Soldier Creek. Boated only 3 kokes all about 3 lbs. Lost 8 at the boat. Not sure what the problem was but they seemed to be only lightly hooked. The kokes are starting to take on a pink hue and this will probably be the last week before the silver color is gone.

Beautiful day today, sorry didn't take any pics.
[signature]
We took Mom (from AZ) to Strawberry for her final fishing trip. We met up on the water with Dubob who got there ahead of us. We started fishing at 8:30 and fished until 3. We came home with 8 kokes (see picture) all were between 16" and 1lb 11 oz and 20" 3lbs even. We also caught and released 12 cuts (one of which was very healthy and fat 20" one (see picture) as well as 4 bows (no tags).

We were split in what worked between a RMT mojo melon with a Macks chartreuse Smile blade for spinner and a green splatter plankton about 18 inches behind a bahama mamma dodger down at 40-55 ft. about 1.3 or 1.4 speed. never did find them in schools and like what was said in a previous reply they are just getting the slightest hint of coloring.
All in all it was perfect day, calm, never too breezy, just a slight breeze now and then.

Edit: Do not check inline block unless you follow full procedure for adding inline pics.
[signature]
Sorry, didn't look like the pictures attached... here they are...
[signature]
I used to troll for kokes at the gorge and always did very well on a orange needlefish spoon with a 2" piece of worm streamlined on the hook.

Never messed with dodgers, flashers, squids, etc.
[signature]
Well guYs went up all day today and tried the dodgers amd squids. Got skunked. I was kinda thinking i wasnt able to get deep enough or something. I dont have riggers. We also used misc spoons and only got 3 baby cuts. Where same setups last weekend we got 10 good ones.
[signature]
don't gauge your set up by what happened today , some thing happen that made fishing extremely slow today aug 2nd not much off a bite today at all.
[signature]