Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Uinta report
All I got to say fishing is pretty amazing right now. Wen't camping Saturday and Sunday. The weather was pretty nice until around 2 pm on Sunday it started raining then dumping at 4 pm. Fished for 4 hr Saturday on lily lake and caught over 30 bows and tigers combined many hit's and miss. Sunday hit for 2 hrs at mirror lake caught 5 bows and 7 brookies then decided to hit lily lake for a 1 hr caught 4 tigers and 6 bows. The trout were more interested in dry flies like mosquito and royal wolf then wolly buggers this trip.

Hopefully if the weather will be nice I got a few hiking trips to attempt still.
[signature]
Thanks for the great report! I am not a fly fisher man but I am taking my 12 year old scouts to grandaddy lake to get there fly fishing and fishing merit badge. Have you fished up there before and any good tips? I don't need your best secrets just some tips you would give someone who has never fished up there before.
[signature]
Never touched that side of the uinta mountain yet.
[signature]
Where did you camp?

I'm headed out to Soapstone in a few weeks. Was thinking about just working the Provo just behind the campground.
[signature]