Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer Creek walleye tips?
wow you just gave me teary eyes. lol im glad some one has used what ive shared to have have fun. how about you and I hook up and hit it soon together. I would like that you can give me some lessons. lol thank you for sharing with others.... [Smile]
[signature]
Heck ya crossin you tell me when pm me my # has changed if you still have my old
[signature]
Been to Yuba lately?
[signature]
Wow, so much certainty and so many facts...like "DC always has had walleyes" for example...must be nice - to have certainty in fishing...

I'm not really all that interested in participating in your inquisitions Gemcity, but for entertainment sake this time I will - yes, I am aware of moving around, yes I have fished at night, yes I have caught walleyes at DC, yes I have used some of the aforementioned lures, yes yes, yes.

I still hold to my original point however that walleyes at DC are few and far between and I'm generally skeptical of reports that say otherwise.

Lastly, take that "those methods will work anywhere there are walleye" and head on down to Yuba. Let me know how that goes for ya.

[quote Gemcityslayer]I disagree with that completely. Those methods will work anywhere there are walleye.
And Deer Creek produces some very large walleyes, always has, always will..

You might not be able to go out and catch lots of numbers at Deer Creek compared to other lakes... but you can catch them there is no doubt.

With all the tiny bass and stocked trout, those walleyes have a lot of food.

Have you ever caught a walleye at night Watershadow? If not how can you even say if that method will work at night? You couldn't even answer my questions about whether or not you moved around, or what lures you used. There are walleyes in deer creek, and walleyes do primarily feed at night and on big meals. That is not an opinion but a fact.[/quote]
[signature]
Spent friday night, the 5th, trolling and jigging my guts out at DC. I fished from 7:30 pm till almost 1 saturday morning until my ego was battered and bruised. The area I fished was north of the island on both sides of the river channel and west of the island along the steep shoreline.
All I got for my hard work was a 10" smallie that nabbed my Shad Rap that I was digging mud up with on the flats.
Every trip to DC for walleye continues to fuel my love/hate relationship for that reservoir.
[signature]
Quote:DEER CR RES WASATCH RAINBOW 1224 [red]10.32[/red] 06/02/2014
DEER CR RES WASATCH RAINBOW 1286 [red]10.32[/red] 06/02/2014
DEER CR RES WASATCH RAINBOW 1224 [red]10.32[/red] 06/02/2014
DEER CR RES WASATCH RAINBOW 1224 [red]10.32[/red] 06/02/2014
DEER CR RES WASATCH RAINBOW 1225 [red]10.45[/red] 06/03/2014
DEER CR RES WASATCH RAINBOW 1323 [red]10.45[/red] 06/03/2014

If the walleyes are keying on stocked trout, you'd better be using BIG Rapala to match the hatch.
And they've only planted roughly 15,000 trout this year, and only in June…. so far.

[red]⫸[/red][orange]<{[/orange][yellow]{{[/yellow][green]{{[/green][size 4][blue]⦇[/blue][/size][blue]°[/blue][#8000FF]>[/#8000FF]
[signature]
I read your post on walleyes at night in DC. I live in Midway and fish DC fairly regularly until the algae bloom gets on. Would love to get some walleye there. My fishing companions (we are older in late 70's) always want to fish for the trout, but I prefer the perch and eyes. Always fish in the daytime and occasionally catch an eye or two, but thinking about giving it a try at night. We knew a local physician, Dr Burton, who used to fish this reservoir only at night and did very well.
Anyway, I appreciate your insight to catching walleyes at DC. I am going to try it. Several questions:
1. Do you troll plugs?
2. Do you use bottom bouncers with nightcrawlers?
3. Do you recommend early evening or later?
4. Assuming you fish the rocky shoreline across from the Island boat ramp and north of the island. Any point in fishing the deeper water, ie 70'?

Many thanks in advance. Fred Thomas
[signature]