Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Govt Wash
Is there any striper action in or near the wash? Planning on going out soon and I will either be from shore or rent a kayak. Hoping the boils aren't too far from the wash. It really stinks not having a boat.
[signature]
I've fished government wash 3 times last week and didn't get anything. One of the coves I was fishing out of was around boxcar cove. If you get out there early, the entire cove seems like just a giant non stop boil until about 8:30am. My wife and I went out this morning and fished out there. this last week my wife and I probably caught around 60 or so striper from that cove. Ton of boats on the weekend. Week days are a lot better. Everyone was catching fish though. I caught a 3lb large mouth this morning. I'm not sure if you'll get close enough to the boils on shore but there was a guy in a kayak this morning cleaning up on the striper boils.
[signature]
So there are boils in the wash? When I have previously been out there it seems like the boils are just the tilapia or shad on the surface.

Another hot spot during summer is also boulder beach. Any reports there?
[signature]
I launch out of boulder harbor but only fished off of boulder beach once last weekend. I was throwing cranks and nothing but I would have probably had luck with anchovies. I just forgot about them.

Would boxcar cove be considered Vegas wash?? If so, yes, plenty of boils.this last week, My wife and I probably caught around 70-80 striper and one large mouth bass right there.
[signature]
I've spent the last month shore fishing universally at Govt Wash

there's some striper action very early in the morning, but it dies off around 10am.

i've seen some very large (>8 lbs) dead ones floating to the surface recently, so they're definitely down there, but I haven't caught any over 1 1/2 lbs.

The vast majority of "anglers" I see come through troll 3-4 lines (illegally) and are in and out of Govt Wash in an hour [bobConfused]

Also, as a personal note- if you see anyone leaving garbage at Govt Wash call the Ranger immediately. Govt Wash is certainly the worst spot on Lake Mead for garbage and littering.
[signature]