Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hollow
How has the bass and crappie fishing been at Sand Hollow? We are going down in a few weeks. I'll be fishing off the shore. What lures, or bait would be best to take to catch some bass, or crappie?
Thanks..
[signature]
The fishing has been good at sand hollow. Fish early, late, or at night for the best bite. The fish are scattered from 25 feet up to 5 feet and will hit anything plastic fished slowly. Crappie i don't know i have never caught one at sand hollow, but i'm told the west rock dam has some decent numbers of them. Shore fishing you should do good along the east shoreline or the west shoreline around the boat ramp.
[signature]
[quote 4pointmuley]How has the bass and crappie fishing been at Sand Hollow? We are going down in a few weeks. I'll be fishing off the shore. What lures, or bait would be best to take to catch some bass, or crappie?
Thanks..[/quote]

Plastics (crawdad immitations/swimbaits) T-Rigged (1/4-1/2 oz) from the bank with a full cast should catch some fish, especially along the dam (where it gets deep quickly). We have been catching most our fish in the 25-35ft range, but we are out on a boat. We have had several 50+bass mornings this summer.

There are plentiful crappie in Sand Hollow. We caught hundreds of them this spring/early summer (in the 14" range). This time of year, they are deep and hard to access from the shoreline. Your best attempt would also be along the dam since it gets deep pretty quickly off of it...small plastic tubes 1/8oz, or feather jigs..light line. Look for the pipes coming off the dam and fish out around those.

Good luck!

-Rich
[signature]