Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard trip Saturday interupted....
Was on WB yesterday and got a call from my daughter saying she was heading for the Ogden Regional ER. So I left the water. Had only caught one itty, bitty Kitty anyway and the bugs and power squadron were just about to run me off anyway.

Went back today. On the water from north end at about 3:15 PM. Not as many ski boats today, and those seemed to be staying toward the south half.

Was anchored out in what I call Cat Alley north of the north marina at about the 10 ft. deep area. Had 2 wave runners that spent 30 to 45 minutes running around me, at a lot closer than the required 150 ft. doing all kinds of stunts and silliness. Don't know if they were trying to get my attention (I was the closest other boat around) or just being brain dead as usual. Oh it is such a good thing I didn't had something heavy or pointed to throw at those 2 idiots.

Anyway, stayed on the water till 7:00 PM. Caught 2 standard size Cats and 1 baby about 6" long. Didn't bother with a photo of the baby, just released him, and the other 2 as well.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Hope you daughter is OK. Glad to hear you found some willing cats. Saw a Lund going into the South marina as we arrived around 4pm was wondering if it was you but there were three in the boat, so I figured it wasn't likely.
[signature]
ditto on the daughter. Hope all's well. Sounds like you were about ready to send them 'runners to the hospital!
Forest I'm with the other guys hoping it wasn't anything too serious for your daughter. Best of luck to her for a speedy recovery. Later J
[signature]
A nice clear video of the water hooligans shown to the Ranger might feel rewarding.
[signature]
Curt, Jeff, John, Rocky,
Thanks for the sentiments to my daughter. She is OK. Was more scary than serious.

No Curt, I've stayed away from the south marina since I was there 3 weeks ago. Just getting too iffy. I did cruze from north to Freeway Bay Saturday, but after about 30-40 mins. of nada, I moved on. One thing I know about Cats at WB, if they don't hit on what you are offering after awhile, move around. I did that yesterday, and stopped in 2 or 3 other spots I had hit Cats before, but got nothing. Then moved about 50 yards towards the gap in the rock ridges near Eagle Beach, and started getting hits. Several good tugs but no hook up, and 2 respectable size Cats in the boat.

Rocky, a good video is a great idea. Now all I need to do is remember to take my wifes video camera when she isn't looking...........[Wink][unimpressed] but the results of that could be worse than the rock and roll waves the PWC's were making.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
That is the only way to catch those fish at Willard, keep moving until you find some active fish.
Gene and I ended up with 8, 7 wipers up to 20" and 1 decent walleye. It was a great afternoon out there yesterday. We stayed until dark.
[signature]
If everyone thinks video would help I would love to use my GoPro and capture some of those moments.
[signature]