Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tagged Cutthroat at Bear Lake
I looked around online a little, but didn't see anything, fishing at Bear Lake a few weeks ago I pulled out a cutthroat that had some sort of tag on in. It was some wire sticking out by the top fin. I have pictures somewhere of it and the tag, but any ideas as to why it's tagged or has anyone else caught tagged fish out of bear lake?
[signature]
There are a lot of tagged fish at BL, if you write down the number on the tag and contact Bearlakefishguy he can give you the info about that fish, like when it was tagged, how big it was when it was tagged and some other info but it helps the BL biologist keep track of the fish and how they are doing. Just about everyone that fished BL will catch a tagged fish sooner or later. How did you do other than the one Cutt? I've been thinking about getting up there soon and any info would be great, thanks?
[signature]
We catch them all the time here. I've never reported a number or anything yet though. I guess I should, but I always assumed it was for when they get them again in their traps.
[signature]
Some lakes (Strawberry) have prized for tagged fish. You could call in, you could be a millionaire! Then you can buy me a boat for letting you know! [sly]
I went to the Bear last thurs 8-14, fishing was a little slow for me but the lakers are starting to gather. Marked quite a few around the Rockpile area and the cutts are staging too. Caught a nice 20lb Mack which I released safely so someone else can enjoy this catch. Also caught a small cutt but was surprised to see it had a bluefish color to it-released. Have never caught a tagged fish from Bear.
[signature]
Awesome mack, thanks for sharing your pics and report. A lot of the cutts in BL have that blue color along the back, I think it comes from the minerals in the water.
[signature]