Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 12-29
fished strawberry today with jedburton, fishonlynch and his dad, meet shrimpboy at the marina parkinglot he had writen his name in the back of hellsangler69's truck so i wrote my name too, walked strait out from the gas pumps and fished 35ft of water hells fished by us. got a few bites but nothing threw the hole weather was crappy
[signature]
Sounds like you guys had a rough day. Was there a lot of snow to push through?
[signature]
[size 2]There is a hump southeast of the boat pumps you want to find. The depth Petty was talking about is the right depth. Didya move north or south from that area. Also, split the store and the lodge down the middle and go straight out about 10-22 feet deep. Both places have some type of irregular structure that turns those areas into cuttroat raceways. [/size]
[signature]
You are so right I love to drift those areas everytime I fish the Berry
[signature]
Well I didn't get skunked , but have had better days . I was also the last to leave at 5:00pm and what a nice ride home . LOL I got 1 dink and 1 20" cutt . Had a real big Bow checking out my jig but just could get him to strike . I got him to charge at it 2 times but nothing . Was fishing real close to shore . What a blast it is to watch the come for it . I think it snowed about 8" before I left . My sled was more of a plow than a sled . At least I got a work out . LOL May have to give it a rest tomorrow now .
[signature]
Had a buddy go up today also and got skunked. At mud creek. How about some specifics Temp-Icedepth-Lure
[signature]
I had a nice hit on a 3" glow grub but lost him at 22' depth . I caught the small cutt on a 1" glow tube jig on bottom in 33' and lost a bigger fish on the same tube in 33' depth , but suspended about 20' down . I nailed the bigger cutt on a rat finkee green glow with waxie on in 11' depth on bottom . I missed about 8 fish that hit my jigs too .

Ice was in layers but it was about 8" with about 5" of clear ice underneath the snow ice . Not much slush to deal with , but it was present in a layer under the snow melt ice . It does break thru some but I didn't get wet from that . Lots of snow on the ice now.

Temp ? water around 32 degrees but my ice hole was freezing in my shelter with heater going . It was pretty much a white out most of the day .

I seen that Mud creek road was plowed . I was going to another place on the lake , but decide to meet up with petty4life and others . Only problem was the crappy weather keep me in the shelter for the most part of the day . I did talk to some guys when I first got there and they told me glow was working and they caught about 10 fish . They showed me the pics on there Digital camera and some where in the dark before sunrise . I seen them bring 4 more thru the ice before they took off . I should of took their hole . LOL
[signature]
Petty,too bad you froze your ass off and it was slow fishing!!I sat in front of a nice warm fire and had a few Id.beers!!Ha Ha M.H.
[signature]
hey petty, fish on lynch (and your dad), hellsangler, and the rest we ran into,

It was fun meeting you guys. Thanks again for the fishing trip even though we didn't get any fish the fishing was fun. If you guys are hitting any of the lakes closer to utah valley after the first let me know I don't have to work until 3 in the afternoon most days and don't start school again until the 7th. Had a fun day thanks again,

Jed Burton
[signature]