Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunnyside
Went to Sunnyside for a couple of days. Fished Thursday and Friday morning before the wind came up. Fishing was off for this time of year according to some people I met at the campground from Ely. They thought it was due to the cool weather at night --- down in the low 50's. And if you don't know about the weeds, they are exceptionally bad. Areas where we caught fish in June --- you can't even get a boat through.

I only fished Adams-McGill and caught 6 bass and one trout on Thursday. Then today I caught 11 bass and no trout. Most of the fish were in the 10"-14"range. I fished from about 6:30 until 11:00 each day because the wind was just too bad for me to get around with my paddle-boat.

I caught the bass on the usual mix of grubs, and a few bass and the trout on a Mepps spinner in the deeper channels. There were a few other boats with motors mostly going to the upper end because it is now open, but nobody was really catching much.

The people from Ely had been there a few days, and they tried Haymeadow and Cold Springs but only caught a couple of fish. I drove up to Dacey on Thursday evening but the wind was just blowing too hard for me to go out.

Maybe things will get better when the weather settles down. The bass fishing will probably drop off, but the trout fishing should get better. It was fun to get out.

[fishin]
[signature]
ya im sure the water is way warm for trout. give it a few weeks water will cool and trout will go crazy.
cant wait for football and fishin!!!!!!!!
need a lil cooler water and the lakes will pop with action!!!
[signature]
i never had a bad day at sunnyside. Have to fish early in the morning or before the sun goes down this time of year.

Guarantee you can catch your limit of trout if you use super dupers. I always fished Cold Springs. Always fished near the dam. The trout love orange, gold, and fire tiger.

I saw the biggest large mouth bass in my life in Cold Springs also. I was trolling and looked down and there he was swimming by the boat. Wasn't spooked at all. Not joking it had to be between 8-12 pounder.
[signature]