Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp heaven of the day
The only thing I'm going to say is that I caught this monster today after being skunked there 2 times this year in a row and looks like 3rd time was the charm [Smile].
Took me about 30 minutes to get this pig in.

[inline "26.5 in carp1.jpg"]
[signature]
That is thick!! Oh and it was 15 minutes after you left tonight.[Smile]
[signature]
Last time 10 min now 15 min. I'm guessing the following time will be 20 min. Did you get it netted or it was another LDR???
[signature]
To the net. Would be nice to have my grand boy net it....[laugh]
[signature]
Ya I know it would be nice but you need to catch one when I'm there not when I leave [Wink] Thank you fly fishing grama for teaching me more about carp fishing on a fly rod [angelic]
[signature]
What's a good fly to use I never went for them before but I want to.I have caught one on the Weber before though.tomorrow taking kids to Utah lake tomorrow was thinking about trying for them
[signature]
At Utah Lake I would try Buggers. A Captain America is good. I caught them on a #12 Bead Head Prince Nymph and a Type II line out of Utah Lake, as well as White Bass.
For the river, we were using a popcorn ball by RAINY about 24" under a thingamabobber.
[signature]
[Image: IMG_1883_zpsc661f272.jpg]

27 1/2" small.[Wink]
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]At Utah Lake I would try Buggers. A Captain America is good. I caught them on a #12 Bead Head Prince Nymph and a Type II line out of Utah Lake, as well as White Bass.
For the river, we were using a popcorn ball by RAINY about 24" under a thingamabobber.[/quote]

Joni, what is a Captain America? That is a fly pattern I haven't heard of.

Mark
[signature]
Sorry, so many people referred to it by that name, I know it as the Midnight Fire. It is a black chenille with red, blue, gold, flash in it. Here is picture except this is the counter balance pattern, the regular bugger pattern works great.
[signature]
Picture didn't post. I was going to guess it was Red White and Blue - maybe a big shiny shield?

Didn't mention the Dog Biscuit or San Juan worms? Some of the carp puddles in the sloughs - seems like green muck would work, with the right placement. Got my heavier tippet ready,

Is a thingamybobber a real name, or just what you call a thing-a-my-jiggy?

I got this collections, still need to wet a few more (oh, and learn how to cast!):

[inline "Carp Flies.jpg"]
[quote CoyoteSpinner]Picture didn't post. I was going to guess it was Red White and Blue - maybe a big shiny shield?

Didn't mention the Dog Biscuit or San Juan worms? Some of the carp puddles in the sloughs - seems like green muck would work, with the right placement. Got my heavier tippet ready,

Is a thingamybobber a real name, or just what you call a thing-a-my-jiggy?

I got this collections, still need to wet a few more (oh, and learn how to cast!):

[/quote]

Dang, forgot the link: Here is the Midnight Fire
http://www.flytyingbug.com/threads/the-b...-fire.520/

A Thingamabobber is a plastic bubble in many different sizes. An Indicator in the fly fishing world, a bobber in the fishing world LOL
http://westwaterproducts.com/thingamabobber.html
[signature]