Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attwood tank and fuel line issue, question
I have a 3 gallon Attwood tank with the line hooked to my Johnson seahorses. I'm up at Rockport and I can't keep my engine running. It runs good then it dies. I noticed the priming bulb is not hard and it seems I'm having a hard time priming it. I have also noticed one of my fittings coming from the tank is seeping air when I prime it when its not hooked up. Are these supposed to be airtight? Its coming out of the little ball looking thing in the fitting that hooks on to the tank.
[signature]
Ill go ahead and call this one problem solved. I went and bought 2 new connectors for the tank and motor. Got home, ut the motor in water, primed up the bulb and it immediately different. The bulb hardened up and I fired up the motor in 1 pull. And it stayed running as long as I wanted to. It was a little smokey but Im guessing that was because it was in its drum. Note to self. Dont head all the way up to the lake with faulty equipment. I thought they were good but I though wrong.

This is a good lesson for boat newbs (like me) If your connectiions to the motor and tank are not airtight, your motor will not stay running. Lesson learned.
[signature]
Glad you got it figured out.

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I have been fighting an air leak, in my fuel hose, for several weeks, and yesterday I spent 1/2 of the day working on it. Mine was much more difficult, because it is not a portable tank and was not easy to access.
[signature]
That doesnt sound like fun. Did you get it taken care of?
[signature]
Just got home from purchasing the parts that I hope will complete the repair. Won't know for a week or so, because the boat is up at Lee's Marine to have the reverse gears repaired -- again. Oh the pleasures of owning a boat.[:/]
[signature]