Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunnyside
My grandson and I went to Sunnyside for a couple of days over the weekend. We started out fishing the lower end of Adams-McGill where I had caught fish about three weeks ago, but we didn't find them in the same spots as before. We talked to a guy at the campground who recommended the upper end of Adams-McGill which opened after August 15th. We fished there and did pretty good for bass on dark plastics.

My grandson wanted to try Cold Springs, so we did and the weeds were so bad we couldn't really even fish without bringing in weeds on our lures. We tried it down by the dam and even had some "Super Dupers" but it was impossible to cast them. It wasn't just the weeds below the water that were bad, but there were more weeds floating on the top of the water than anywhere else. So we left there and went to Dacey for a couple of hours before dark and caught a few bass and trout.

So we stayed with the upper end of Adams-McGill. Most of our fish were between 10"-14", and I can also say that we have never really been skunked at Sunnyside. Then last night I pulled a "Grandpa" and left the keys in the ignition and locked the doors manually! So I was fortunate to have cell reception and called my wife this morning to bring the spare key - which she did. Everything worked out in time to get my grandson back home for football practice!

Some people were camping that were there for the dove hunt. The campground wasn't that crowded and the weather was great, so we really had a good time getting out and making memories!

[fishin]
[signature]
Awesome.
[signature]
this time of year stinks on cold springs because the weather is changing up there and the weeds are starting to die off. End of September and October will be killer there before it really starts to get cold and the ponds ice over.
[signature]