Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Guys! Hello Az.
[#0000FF]Lots of good fishing in Arizona. I lived in Tucson area for about 10 years and originally started the Arizona board. It has definitely had its ups and downs...mostly downs.

It was frustrating to me to try to get the Arizona board going. I talked to a lot of folks out on the waters but most were either not computer oriented or just plain didn't want to play on a fishing forum.

There are a few good fishing tackle outlets in Tucson that will help you with maps and tackle suggestions. My favorite lakes were mostly down near the Mexican border...Patagonia, Pena Blanca, Arivaca, etc. But the fishing and the lake surroundings have really changed since I lived and fished there. Otherwise, you may want to drive north to some of the lakes around Phoenix...along the Salt River and Verde River.

You are also not far from the beaches of Mexico, such as Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point), Bahia Kino and San Carlos. Fantastic fishing along the Sea of Cortez and only about a 4 hour drive. Just be sure you have proper documentation for crossing the border...yourself and your vehicle. We may be pretty lax in our border enforcement but they are not. Having one .22 shell laying in your trunk will get you thrown in jail and all your stuff impounded. And with the increased problems with the cartels down there you should never go alone.

Then there is the Colorado River...above Yuma. Great bass fishing in the lakes and some huge flathead cats in the river.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Utah Guys! Hello Az. - by Boatiac - 09-03-2014, 06:54 PM
Re: [Boatiac] Utah Guys! Hello Az. - by TubeDude - 09-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Re: [Boatiac] Utah Guys! Hello Az. - by AZwadder - 09-07-2014, 11:46 PM
Re: [Boatiac] Utah Guys! Hello Az. - by AZwadder - 09-07-2014, 11:49 PM