Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Maps for Fish Finders
[font "Calibri"]A lot of fish finders with GPS capabilities come with pre-loaded maps, or have the option to purchase map cards or software to load into the fish finder.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]So my question is, how detailed are the maps for the lakes and reservoirs in Utah? The maps that I have seen advertised include, Navionics, Lake Master, and Hotmaps.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]If you have maps on your fish finder, what maps are you using, what type of finder do you have, and how do you like the maps?[/font]
[font "Calibri"]I have a Humminbird 383c (discontinued) that I like a lot. It has the pre-loaded maps that shows that a lake is in the general area, but doesn’t show the boundaries of the lake very well, and doesn’t have contour lines. It does work very well for marking fish, waypoints, routes, and it leaves tracks to show where I have been.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Sometimes I think it would be cool to see the contour lines. If you haven’t seen it yet, check out Humminbirds “AutoChart” software for the Onix finders, it records and draws the lake contour lines as you drive around in your boat, this way you can create your own lake map. Cool stuff, but way too expensive for me.[/font]
[signature]
I too would appreciate hearing what maps work best for the Utah waters. My boat came with the Lowrance LMS-525C DF fish finder installed.
[signature]
I have both lake master and Navionics
Navionics has the best maps for the west. and has free update for 1 year
Lake Master has only made a chip of the west for one year
to get a update you need to buy a new Map Card. and some of the
Contour lines are not right.
on both maps some lakes do not show all the Contour lines
I like the maps it helps a lot on Flaming gorge and Strawberry.
deer Creek not so good.

lakes On the Maps
Navionics
HotMaps Premium
UT Bear Bear Lake (ID), Rich (UT)
UT Boreham Duchesne
UT Causey Reservoir Weber
UT Deer Creek Reservoir Wasatch
UT East Canyon Reservoir Morgan
UT Echo Reservoir Summit
UT Fish Sevier
UT Flaming Gorge Reservoir Daggett (UT), Sweetwater (WY) HD
UT Great Salt Lake Davis
UT Joes Valley Reservoir Emery
UT Johnson Valley Res Sevier
UT Lost Creek Reservoir Morgan
UT Pineview Reservoir Weber
UT Powell Coconino (AZ), Garfield (UT), Kane (UT), San Juan (UT) HD
UT Rockport Summit
UT Starvation Reservoir Duchesne
UT Steinaker Reservoir Uintah
UT Strawberry Reservoir Wasatch HD
UT Upper Enterprise Reservoir Washington
UT Utah Utah
====================================================
Humminbird LakeMaster
Big Sand Wash Reservoir, Duchesne
Boreham, Duchesne
Battle Hollow Reservoir, Uintah
Currant Creek Reservoir, Wasatch
Deer Creek Reservoir, Wasatch
East Canyon Reservoir, Morgan
Echo Reservoir, Summit
Electric, Emery
Flaming Gorge, Daggett (UT / WY)
Huntington Reservoir, Sanpete
Joes Valley Reservoir, Emery
Little Creek Reservoir, Rich
Lost Creek Reservoir, Morgan
Millsite Reservoir, Emery
Montes Creek Reservoir, Uintah
Neponset Reservoir , Rich
Pineview Reservoir, Weber
Powell, Kane (UT / AZ)- Partial HD
Coverage
Quail Creek Reservoir, Washington
Red Creek Reservoir, Duchesne
Rockport, Summit
Sand Hollow Reservoir, Washington
Sevier Bridge Reservoir, Sanpete
Starvation Reservoir, Duchesne
Steinaker Reservoir, Uintah
Strawberry Reservoir, Wasatch

this is Flaming Gorge on Lake master
[signature]
Kent,
I did a little research on maps for the Lowrance finders. Check out "Insight Genesis" You can use it for free, just download and view maps from the data you collected while out on the lake, using one of the Lowrances mapping packages.

One problem with the free account is, the maps you create that may show your secrete fishing spots are automatically down loaded to the community maps to be viewed by everyone. Also unless you are paying for a subscription to the site you will not be able to load any of the maps back to your SD card to use on your finder.

If you choose to be a paid ($99 per year) subscriber you can load the data you have collected, and have a choice to share your data with the Lowrance's community or keep the information private. After you have viewed your maps at home and setup routes and waypoints, you can then load the information back onto the SD card to use on your fishfinder.
[signature]
Hey, thanks for going to all of that trouble to help me out. I will definitely check into it.
[signature]
LT, is the pink line ,your track,or the river channel?
[signature]
Navionics has a free app for your phone or tablet that show you exactly the maps that come with their chip. You can even use it at the lake[cool]. The are better than the base map that comes with the Lowrance but the Gorge for instance is not very accurate. You know there is structure and it gets you in the ballpark. I would for sure try out the app you can tour around in you chair.
[signature]
Thanks I will check it out.
[signature]
[quote kokeking]LT, is the pink line ,your track,or the river channel?[/quote]

it is the river channel In some places at FG I will fish the river channel and do pretty good
[signature]
So your saying, if I was to purchase the latest Navionics maps for the west at $149 (HotMaps Premium West), I would get free updates for a year.
How often do they update their maps? And how much do the updates cost?

Humminbird LakeMater Western States cost $125.
How often do they update their maps? And how much do the updates cost?

Thanks, Brian
[signature]