Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jigs & Flies
Went through an old fly box from the 70's and I guess I have been tying my own variation of a Flig too back then.
[Image: flig_zps19df6ea1.jpg]

These didn't work great, but caught a couple bass at Rockport. Went back to a good ol' WB
[signature]
I agree about wanting some more fly only waters. There is a five mile stretch below Electric Lake that is Utah's fly fishing only water. It would be nice if we could that designation for a water in each of the DWR's regions.[Smile]
[signature]
[#0000FF]Then it would be only fair to designate some waters as NO FLY FISHING.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Touché.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Ya know I'm only funnin'.

Maybe they could put a "No Orvis Dorks" retriction on some waters though. (giggle giggle)
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
You had to know this would be the response on this forum. Even though this is the "fly Fishing" portion of it.
Funny thing is it is not saying NO FISHING, anyone can And apparently everyone here has tried fly fishing at one time or another. Goes along with C&R. Just different regs.
I am going to stir another pot and say, it would be a lot cleaner.
[signature]
Thats what I like about you, Pat, you always have a different slant on things.
I've fished without using a fly before but it was because I didn't know it was gone.[Wink]
[signature]
Maybe they ought to create another couple of sections on the forum. One for catch & release and one for hookem & cookem.
The catch & release section could explain the proper way to treat fish for the best chance of survival.
The hookem & cookem section could list recipes and cooking methods.[Wink]
[signature]