Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RMNP
Grabbed some time today to run up to Rocky Mountain National Park for a few hours.

Beautiful drive and area! I am excited to explore more of it. A lot of people lining the road sides, but most were out to watch the elk bugle and strut.

I was on a meadow stream and there was a small herd of elk across the meadow from me. Bugling and whistling all day long.

Start of the day was nice bright and sunny. End of the day was raining and lightning.....Typical mountain fall weather.

[Image: RMNP1.JPG]

This stream was small and clear. Judging from the trails and footprints, it gets a good bit of pressure. The fish were very very spooky. Sneak attack fishing at its finest!

It was mostly browns from 8 to 12 inches. A few were about 14-16 inches.

[Image: RMNP3.JPG]

[Image: RMNP5.JPG]

[Image: RMNP4.JPG]

[Image: RMNP6.JPG]

I ran across one pool that was chock full of the larger ones. I carefully dropped a fly in and had an immediate take. Unfortunately I also had an immediate release. When I looked again, every fish in there had run for cover. Those misses are the ones that keep me coming back for more punishment.

In just a couple of hours the clouds started to roll in,

[Image: RMNP2.JPG]

and it wasn't long until it started to rain.

Now I have to go back to find some willing Colorado Greenback Cutts.
[signature]
Beautiful scenery and great report.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks. It's a beautiful area. I have been back up there a time or two since then.

You end up in Colorado often?

This is such a lively state forum! The only two on it are from Idaho and Utah....[shocked][laugh]
[signature]
I am in western Colorado weekly. There used to be other posters here but haven't seen them in a while.
[signature]