Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to 2015
[quote dubob][quote TubeDude][#0000ff]But how can you police that?
[/#0000ff][/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Easy answer - you can't! But then you already knew that didn't you?[/#800000][/font][/quote]

The fact this needs policing is the disturbing part. [frown]
Humans can really mess things up if they try[:p]
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]I'm surprised they didn't mention to close walleye spawn season at willard bay. Sadly I forgot to make a comment about it until now. Just to many illegal harvest in the spring time.

As well it was nice that I was the youngest link in the group for 2 years in a row [Tongue].[/quote]
Just curious... Have you actually seen someone illegally take a walleye at Willard? Or just passing on hearsay?
[signature]
Many people go to foul hook for them in the spring spawn season at the inlet and take them home instead of releasing them.
[signature]
I guess that answered that. I find it funny that of the reports on this site of many, many fish caught trolling Willard nothing but congratulation and back slapping is offered but people who catch the same fish in the channel are demonized. Thanks for attending the RAC I missed the brigham city one because of work.
[signature]
Ya no problem. I'm planning to go to ever one unless if I move out or there's nothing interesting to drag me down there.
[signature]
This is a little off the subject, but the RAC agenda mentions a proposal to allow the use of stripers as bait and chum at Powell. Interesting idea. I don't see why not, since they're trying to keep a handle on the striper population to benefit the shad, and discouraging catch and release. Striper meat would of course be used to catch other fish like catfish and walleye, but so what, we're already able to use anchovies as chum etc. It would be a good use for extra striper meat, and free. Makes sense to me.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]FFL,[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]
[/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]I was not at the RAC meeting. I've never been to one and don't expect I'll ever attend one. Don't get me started on what I REALLY feel about the RAC system in Utah. It would not be pretty.

I have no idea what Drew did, or did not, say at the meeting. But I do know how to read and I generally understand much of what I do read, and feel very confident in my understanding that a 6 month residency is NOT required to keep a double limit of fish. Anybody with a valid Utah fishing license (resident or non-resident) can do that while fishing in Utah after being in Utah for 2 days. It's actually written in the Utah Code and referenced in the Utah Fishing Guidebook - as I pointed out to you earlier. [/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I'm pretty sure it will be passed into the 2015 proclamation.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Members of the striper/white bass family are well known for enjoying a snack of flesh from fellow family members. Most Utah Lake anglers have experienced the propensity of white bass to smack a piece of white bass meat...or even whole small white bass being fished for larger species.

In Arizona I fished for yellow bass...a smaller cousin of the white bass. Again, the best bait to tip jigs was a slice of meat from other yellow bass. And the cats and other predator species all liked it too.

I suspect that adding a small strip of striper meat to a jig will become an effective way to catch more stripers. And running some of them through a grinder to make a striper chowder will provide some good stuff with which to attract a school nearer the boat. Cheaper than anchovies and probably just as effective. Plus, it stays on the hook better than soft chovies.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]