Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard with WH2
The weather was Hot and the fishing was fun! On 9/17, was able to fish Willard Bay with WH2 who was kind enough to offer me the opportunity. Boated one Walleye, one Wiper, one Channel Cat. Learned a lot about fishing the Bay although I usually fish it from a pontoon.
Thanks again to WH2!
[signature]
Sounds fun, knowing your host I assume you were trolling.... I want to get down there and try that again before long thanks for the report... J
[signature]
I enjoyed getting out there with you FG, too bad the catching wasn't better but I guess that is the way it goes at times. Thanks again for the pears. Hope the skeeters did not eat you up, as you filleted your fish. Did you happen to notice what was in the stomachs of the fish you cleaned?
For those that are interested, we fished from a little after 2pm till 7:30pm. When we started water temp was around 82* but cooled down to the mid 70's by the time we were getting off the water. I was very surprised at those high temp this time of the year and I don't expect it to last long. We did see a little surface activity from the wipers but it was very little. Water was a little more clear, since my last trip out there two weeks ago but still murky. The best lure was a KCT worm harness trolled near the bottom on lead core line.
[signature]
Did not notice what was in the stomachs, lights at the fillet station would not come on, used the truck head lights, the Mosquitos were very active.
[signature]
How is the morning fishing on willard?
[signature]