Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wen t to strawberry today
[fishin]we fish several areas around the lake today and caught several slot cuts and I did get one 27 in cut and an awesome koke on a hot pink spinner that I had made heres a picture of the koke he wasn't large but nice
16 inches and almost 2 1/2 pounds really thick and a wild fighter
[signature]
I would love to see a picture of that 27" cut. I once caught a 26" cut up there and when I cut it open to fillet, it had 4 ea. 6" chubs in its stomach. A 27" cut is a big boy. Congratulations.
[signature]
My nephew took a picture with his
phone before we let it go will post it once
He sends it to me
[signature]
I will say it was all head and full of teeth
Was also scared up along his gill plate and part
Missing but a hell of fighter so he was released
To be caught again
[signature]
Thanks for releasing it. I kind of wished I would have released mine but finding all those big chub in its stomach was surprising to me. Made me change my idea of what size of Pointers to throw.
[signature]
Fishing Rapalas on the Weber taught me many years ago that Big fish like Big meals.
[signature]
It can definitely keep the little guys away if nothing else.[Smile]
[signature]
Not so sure about keeping the little ones away. I have seen several trout caught on lures that are about the same size at they are. Maybe not so with a Rapala type of lure.
Oh I know if they are hungry their eyes can be bigger than their stomach.
But then the big fish I have caught have been on very small flies. Again, if they are hungry they will hit.
[signature]
[quote ratnest]Not so sure about keeping the little ones away. I have seen several trout caught on lures that are about the same size at they are. Maybe not so with a Rapala type of lure.[/quote]

So true I was casting a small needlefish in the uintas one year and the little cutt that I caught was the same size as the spoon itself. Heck, the hook was the same size is seemed like. [cool]
[signature]