Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be Aware Computer Scam
For over a month I have been getting flooded with phone calls on my landline from a computer tech support but would not tell me who they represent. All they will tell me is that I have a virus on my home computer in a very bad broken English language. I told them go away that I wasn't buying into their scam. I issued a threat of law enforcement after 2-3 phone calls a day. This scam has already met with the news media and reported. Microsoft does not operate in this manner and advises not to respond to this scam. Now after the phone calls stopped on my landline, they somehow got my wife cell number and started flooding calls to her. Now their phone number comes up on caller ID as BLOCKED. I have a security program for my computer and when something arises, I usually get an official email to notify them, but never anything of a virus. I know this scam involves a chunk of money and I don't give them long enough to explain their intent. By letting them take control of your computer, they will have access to your vital information. So BE AWARE folks, it's been out there for a while.
[signature]
Yeah they are annoying. I have yelled at them when they said they were monitoring my computer and I well that would be difficult since it is shut off. They quickly were hung up on.
[signature]