Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay Walleye spawn fishing vote.
Let's see how many people want it open or closed during the spawn.

Here's the link to the voting station.

Edit: since your poll did not work, please feel free to try it again but that Poll board is so rarely used, I'm not sure what will happen.
[signature]
Leave it open. It probably won't make a difference anyway. I'll bet loads more get harvested on the lake during the rest of the year and it just may be the best chance that some people without boats have. I don't see people getting bent out of shape about fishing the spawn along the dikes and a lot of spawners get caught and taken home for supper. I don't recall a single time in utah that walleye have been fished out, They usually run wild in the lakes they've been introduced to and self limit their numbers by eating themselves out of house and home. Back in the 70's or 80's it used to be legal to fish the Provo river during the spawn and it made no difference (except in the minds of some anglers).

This is one of those posts that is probably going to get a debate going though because a lot of guys just hate the idea of keeping a fish before it spawns, but any time you catch a fish it is technically before it spawns.

Now, "let's get ready to rumble....."
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]Let's see how many people want it open or closed during the [#000000]spawn[/#000000][#000000].[/#000000][#000000][/quote][/#000000]
[center][#000000][Image: laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif][/#000000][/center]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]This is going to be fun to watch![/#800000][/font][/center]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
It doesn't matter how many people vote or what they think now. The Wildlife Board voted 2 years ago to keep the inlet channel open. It will remain open during the spawn. Everyone had their chance to show up at the WL Board meeting and support keeping it closed. Very few of us showed up, a lot of excuses on this site on why BFT members couldn't attend the meeting. It's a little late for a vote now!
[signature]
I think your voting process is flawed. I didn't vote, though it tells me I have, and your score at the time I clicked on it was 24-0 for closing,
Not much of a debate if we are assigned to only one side of the argument.
[signature]
Yea, I noticed the same thing, not sure what the problem is but it does not work on my end either.
[signature]
[quote dubob][quote Flyfishinglover]Let's see how many people want it open or closed during the [#000000]spawn[/#000000][#000000].[/#000000][#000000][/quote][/#000000]
[center][#000000][.img][url "http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/laughing-hard-smiley-emoticon.gif[/img][/#000000][/center]"]http://www.sherv.net/...][/#000000][/center][/url]
[center][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]This is going to be fun to watch![/#800000][/font]
[/quote]

I cansee this one getting a little nasty as well. So here we go![sly][/#000000]
[signature]
its ok let the dwr do what they want..they will anyway my apologies to drew hes a good guy but this is getting kinda stupid.. don't ya think???
[signature]
Leaving it open won't be an issue. If anything the higher success rate let's kids get excited about fishing. Can't forget about future anglers.
[signature]
As was mentioned zman the regs were set a couple years ago. This pretty much a dead horse now.
[signature]
For now [Tongue].
[signature]
Wow, really? It's not even close to spawn. What do you hope to gain? A vote here means nothing, just an excuse to start yet another flame war.

Find something better to do with you time and ours, please.

they planted walleye this year
recruitment seems good, there were a LOT of great walleye reports of mid-teen types
the research has been well documented that the inlet is NOT their effective spawning ground

If you want to DO something, go out and police for snaggers during the spawn, and keep your phone and camera handy.

Until then - go fish.
[quote Flyfishinglover]For now [:p].[/quote][Image: roflmao.gif]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I attended the one in Brigham City with a friend of mine 2 yrs. ago and you are right there weren't very many of us that opposed the opening of the channel year round. We were the last on the agenda that night and didn't get out of there until around midnight. In talking with the biologists that night they pretty much had thier minds made up so I really don't think it would have made a difference how many people were in attendance that were opposed to the idea. It's water under the bridge just let it go the way alot of other things have gone. I guess that is why I spend money hunting and fishing out of state. [Smile]
[signature]
PACKFAN,

You're right, the decision to leave the inlet open was made long before that late night RAC meeting 2 yrs ago. Even though the Northern RAC members voted to recommend closure to the Wildlife Board. The Wildlife Board went along with the DFW recommendation and with very little discussion or consideration, voted to leave the inlet open.

Oh well, we tried!
[signature]
Not that this silly poll means diddley squat, but why is it that clicking on the given link automatically registers a "close it" vote without the member doing anything (it automatically says "thank you for voting")and the current results are 61 to 1 for closing it?
[signature]
I deleted your poll because it does not work.
[signature]
It was probably working how he wanted it, all one sided.[mad]
[signature]
If that is the case he must really know computers, because I tried to disable the poll and got a system error.[crazy]
[signature]
Gotta love computers[:/]
[signature]