Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Prefered Game Processor
Where do you take your game to process?
[signature]
We process ours in our kitchen, from doves up thru moose. That way it gets trimmed and cut to our standards and we always know it is game we have taken. [Smile]
[signature]
I also do my own (with the exception of grinding burger). I am very fussy and don't want anyone else's meat in with mine. I have a local butcher grind my "trimmings" into burger to my specs (10% pork fat). Its saves a ton of money to do it yourself, plus no one is skimming any of your meat, its as clean as you are, and its enjoyable too.
[signature]
I have a close friend who lives in Round Valley that use to cut meat and now is a taxidermist. He use to tell me that you never see a butcher with skinny kids as they allways had plenty of meat to eat. [cool][cool]
[signature]
I butcher my own because I'm the fussiest guy o know when it comes to my animals being processed, but there is one guy I will use if I absolutely don't have time and his name is Rick Christiansen out of Montpelier Idaho. He is very good and concientious of keeping your meet clean and high yield. He will cut it however precise you are willing to give him instructions for. I always have him grind my scraps into burger and do a 80/20 game to beef fat mixture.

Now at home, I butcher the most prized cuts (straps, tenderloin, top round) into whole roasts and chops and bottle most of the rest. It tastes like pot roast and my kids absolutely love it.
[signature]
I used a couple that came to my house to process my dear last year. They were really friendly and did a great job for a good price.
Anderson Mobile Meat Shop
(801) 824-0308
[signature]
The butcher in Vernal seem to have a good operation - but I just had my elk hung there because it was just too hot out that year - his shop was east of the car wash heading north toward Flaming Gorge.

Years ago I tried Clay Mayers in Draper but the cost and seeing how other hunters handled their animals made me to buy a grinder & a Food Saver and butcher at home. Been doing it for a dozen plus years with no regrets.

FYI - Snider's meats in Holiday has beef suet pre-ground in one pound containers - make the best burger we found.
[signature]
do your own, it's easy to learn. my bro had a bad experience last year. we boned all the meat out to pack it out, and he got steaks back with bone in it, hate the thought of eating someone else's elk, especially when I see so many coming down weber canyon on the back of a razor with the hide still on!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
There is a butcher in Helper Utah, Don't recall their name , But I will drive 200 miles to have my game processed there (unless weather is to hot. I have had game processed in several locations, But the little shop in helper is by far the best I have ever went to. (make sure you get some Italian sausage links made) Very reasonable pricing also.
[signature]
west Jordan 90th so 4400 west mohalk. home run business. sweet set up!!! 80 cents a pound. beet the moble cutters by 100 bucks and he is O.C.D ABOUT MEAT... CLEANS OFF EVERY HAIR!!![Wink]
[signature]