Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing near Beaver
I am taking my 12 year old son on a hunt near Beaver, UT, and am worried that he may get a little bored of the hunting. I would like to find a couple places down there to fish to keep him entertained in between prime hunting times. I have seen Manderfield Reservoir and Minersville Reservoir near there. Are these good fishing spots or is there somewhere else nearby that would be better? If you are worried about hotspotting send me an IM with the info and I'll keep your super secret spots a secret.
[signature]
I have not verified this myself, but I heard the road to Manderfield was closed. I heard that Manderfield is virtually empty anyway (which is normal for this time of year). Can anyone confirm this?

I have never fished Minersville, but am considering it this year. As for some of the well known lakes, Fish Lake is around 80 miles away, Otter Creek 70, and Piute 48.

Good luck, I am taking my 12 year old down that way as well. Hopefully we can find a little buck.

Good luck.
[signature]
PM sent[cool]
[signature]
[quote fishluvr]I am taking my 12 year old son on a hunt near Beaver, UT, and am worried that he may get a little bored of the hunting. I would like to find a couple places down there to fish to keep him entertained in between prime hunting times. I have seen Manderfield Reservoir and Minersville Reservoir near there. Are these good fishing spots or is there somewhere else nearby that would be better? If you are worried about hotspotting send me an IM with the info and I'll keep your super secret spots a secret.[/quote]

I can't belive a 12 yr old would get bored hunting. I never did and my kids never did.
At that age I would lot reather hunt than fish. but when I was a kid we would see a lot of deer.
If you are hunting on top of beaver mountain their is Kents lake and beaver ponds below (I think I have not been there in a long time)
and puffer lake.

Beaver Mountain Lakes
Rainbow Trout
(Sep 11) Anglers report fair to good fishing at all lakes. Anderson Meadow Reservoir has been drained for dam repairs.

Minersville Reservoir
The water level is dropping
and is 15 miles west of beaver if you are on top of beaver mountain that is a long drive.

I used to hunt deer a lot by Manderfield but never been to the reservoir
[signature]
I took my family camping up at Thusher Lake Campground (east of Beaver) over the 4th of July and we had a blast catching Brookies and bows on small spinners. The lake (I believe) was Lower Kent's Lake and they had canoes and life jackets at the campground that anyone could use at anytime for free but donations are recommended to help fund repairs. Also at that time, it was by far the clearest water of all the lakes up there. It's a small lake but the canoes were a nice addition.
Have fun and good luck on the hunt.
Adam
[signature]
There is a little sporting goods store in Beaver. They usually carry a map of all the lakes in the area. There are quite a few small lakes in the area.
[signature]
Minersville !!!!