Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey 12/31
Petty and I hit Causey (finally). This was the first time ever to walk on water it was a "godlike" feeling.

We arrived as the plow was just about to run across the dam and of course I had to get my car stuck in the deep snow, We finally got it out and then I trid my best to put it into a snow bank, not a good start to the day.

We finally got down to the ice and immediately stepped into a hole and got soaked to my knee. Then I guess just so I wouldn't feel bad Petty did the same darn thing! Now I'm thinking that this just isn't to good. Well we found a goot solid place to step onto the ice and picked our spot to begin drilling holes.

Petty pulled up the first splake of the morning and I was thinking that I just might get skunked but the gods looked favorable upon us and I began to catch the little splake too.

All told we caught maybe 20 fish total and had a good time. Most of the time it was cloudy and the wind did kick up a little but outside of cold feet it was OK.

A good experience for my first time on the ice.[cool]
[signature]
Moose nice way to start a long icefishing career. I can remember my first ice trip. I wasn't too sure about walking on water or those sound the ice makes. Glad to here that you got into the splake. I love to get that last little bit on my fishing license use on the 31st.

Happy New Year
[signature]
the morning started with a major disapointment ffm forgot the dirt salsa. had a good time eating the other salsa good thing blm wasnt there he would have eaten it all. not a bad day on the ice. was a good lagh when ffm fell over the guard rail comming up the hill
[signature]
Hi there pettu4life if you our going to Lost Creek take a snowmobil or 4 wheeler I went to there with my Windstar and was stop about 3 miles short by the road condition about 2:00 pm today (Dec. 31).[:/]
[signature]
It was a major disappointment for Petty not to have the famed "Dirt Salsa" but he doesn't like "house plant dirt" and is not too fond of mud either. but he ate most of the one we opened up and good for him too because it got colder after we got there.

No comment about the guard rail petty set me up, he had to I out fished him, but who was really counting anyway good thing Polo wasn't up there he would have know the count for sure. I think I'd call it dead even in the fish count anyhow, but prtty doesn't play fair he catches the little ones then throws them into your hole in the ice so you can catch them, after a while I was returning the favor. Could you imagine having a bunch of us on the ice and throwing fish at each other?

The company was fine and we had a good laugh the whole time. I never heard the ice creeking the whole day.

Anyway I'm looking forward to anther outing on the ice soon.
[signature]