Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Youth bull hunt results
We started out on the South Slope, packed in by the Granddaddy lake area. The hunting wasn't real good up there, although we had one close encounter with a smaller 5x6 bull at 70 yards. My son was seconds away from getting a shot when the wind changed and spooked a cow that was about 30 yards to our left. Once she left, the bull left, and we were unable to find him again. Hunted there for 3 more days, then decided to leave before the storms hit us.
Packed out and headed to the North Slope of the Uintas. Still pretty warm weather over there, and very little calling. Friday the 19th rolled around and we finally got a bull to answer a call. I kept working the cow call, and the bull came charging in. He was roaring and stomping as he came through the deadfall. He came to the edge of the meadow about 150 yards out, screamed at us, and then trotted straight in. My son held off and waited for him to turn but that wasn't going to happen so he shot the bull at about 50 yards. The bull died 36yards from our setup. The bull turned out to be a 5x4, which is way smaller than he sounded, but we didn't care. This was my son's first bull, and he was super excited to finally get it done.
All in all we spent 8 days in the mountains hunting and fishing and seeing some phenominal sights. What could be better???

[inline "2014Wyatt's bull.jpg"]
[signature]
Sounds like you had some great experiences. Great hunt and memories that will last a life time.
[signature]
Wow, fantastic! What a great trip and great memories for the two of you, congrats to the two of you!
[signature]
Doesn't get any better than that. Congrats.
[signature]
Congrats
[signature]
Great Job! Sounds like a bunch of good memories in the making right there. Congrats!
[signature]
Congrats to the both of you, great memories for a lifetime.
[signature]