Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry fishing picking up
Strawberry fishing picking up

trolling is good at Strawberry if you can find the right set up.
I got over 30 fish Wed. The water temp. is 60 deg. it needs to get down to 55 to get real hot.
I was using two downriggers with a line setback 60' and the downriggers down 9 ft. later about 11 am went down to 15 ft. going 1.8 mph.
Saw a lot of fish at 35 ft on the finder but could not get them to bite. Worm hooks and dodgers work best.
[signature]
Is the moss still really bad? Last time I was there I couldn't keep it off my dodgers.
[signature]
the moss is bad but it did not bother my dodges most of it got on the ball and downrigger line and fishing line down to the line realse
I was fishing alone. one time I put out a flatfish on a leaded line and it picked up a lot of moss.
[signature]
Me and a buddy went up there Monday on his boat. We noticed a big increase in fish catching over the past month. Moss was still bad but catching is possible now. We were fishing too deep with the down riggers. My long line white tube jigs kept getting hits so we came up and starting catching more fish.

My buddies boat had a lot of issues and at 11am, it started over heating and I thought it was going to catch fire. We were stranded by Mud Creek. The out drive that circulates water was not working. Many thanks to the guy in the sweet Lund boat that towed us back in. What a nice guy. He lost an hour of prime fishing to help us. I forgot to ask him if he was a BFTer.

I wanted to mention that while we were stranded, I would throw out my white tube and jig it back to the boat. I had fish follow or hit on almost every cast. I was very Sad that we had to go home with a broken boat.

Here is a pic of a great 19 inch 3 lb rainbow we caught by Haws point on a white squid.
[signature]
Fished Strawberry again Fr. with my wife this time was useing 3 downriggers and a leadline pole
so had 4 lines out
got a lot of fish. The fish were deeper Fri then thay were Wed.

one time we pulled a fish in. and just let the line out and then got 4 bites got all four fish in the boat.

here is a snapshot of my fish finder. we saw alot of fish on the finder
[signature]
I noticed in your fish finder photos that there are a lot of fishing hugging the bottom. I fished renegade a couple weeks ago and also saw several schools of fish hanging close to the bottom. I stopped trolling and tried vertical jigging for them with little success so I went back to trolling. Does anyone know why they are hanging so close to the bottom this time of year? My guess was that the water temp is changing and the bottom holds the most comfortable water for them, or they just wanted to get out of the green algae that seemed to plague the upper water column. Were you able to get those bottom hugging fish to bite or did you have better success higher up?
[signature]
I was wondering if they were kokes down their I was thinking about puting a squid on to see if I could catch one. but I did catch some cuts and bows at 25ft Wed most of the fish I got was at 9ft and Fri at 15 ft.
[signature]
As I said, I have caught the majority of mine off the bottom. The water is not "that" cool yet so I am betting it is cooler down there which trout like.
Plus I was stripping the line quite fast to spark hits.
[signature]