Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport Report 12/31/2003
Got to Rockport about 7:30 this morning and run into Wiperhunter2 , Wiperslayer , and PTslayer .Rockport was about 60% ice covered . Ice was 5" in the south end .Went out on the ice from the west side where the bathrooms are . Started catching fish right away in 15' of water but it slowed down so we moved out deeper . found a good section in 18' of water and caught fish after fish . I only caught about 5 10" perch but WH2 and PTslayer nailed some big 12" fatty perch . Also caught lots of rainbows too . My biggest Bow was 17" . I lost another fish at the hole due to the fishfinder in the way , that looked like a brown . Seen quite a few people there first thing in the morning but the wind blew most off . Still not a bad day . I got a limit of perch and 2 bows for dinner tonight . Might be going to Pineview tomorrow now that I got some fish under my belt . Tomorrows the big day for the start of the IFG challenge [Wink] Happy new years !!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
H69,

Great report. I might be heading up on New Years Day. Or Lost Creek. Not decided yet. I'll let you guys know in the AM. If there are 15" Perch still in there, either you or I will find them. I have no doupt about that. It probably was a Brown you lost, they look really silver in Rockport, without the colored spots that are evident elsewhere. P.S. They get big in there but don't tell anyone.
[signature]
Here are a couple of pictures of some of the fish that we caught today! but only one of the fatties! Also a picture of a double catch "Caught 2 fish on one hook" Thought I had the big one!![crazy]
[signature]
that perch has to be pushin a pound. thats great to see havent seen large perch in rockport like that in a longggggg time.
[signature]
It was great to be fishing with you guys . Will have to do it again . Great pics . My bigger bow was a female full of eggs . I thought it was a male by the color .

IFG , yes I have caught my biggest browns out of "OPPS Typo" . Don't want to let that cat out yet . LOL I was surprised at the Bows in there . I think I caught the smallest today but many where in the 15" range .
[signature]
I forgot to mention that they were biting on glow and about anything sent down . At the end I was just fishing a orange 1/64 jig head with a meallyworm and it was doing fine .
[signature]
Your perch were a lot bigger than the ones I got on the east side my biggest was about the size of the smallest one in your picture. Had my two way on channel 12 and tried to call for someone a couple of times with no answer back. I asked a couple of guys that were by me if they were from BFT and they just looked at me like I was trying to talk dirty to them. Oh well their loss. Those are some great perch and maybe I'll run into you another day. I may go back tomorrow if the weather is good and I think that I will fish the west side and save myself 5 bucks. I was one also that left about 12:30 because of the wind. the wind is not my friend I think it is something that ex's send.
[signature]
It was good seeing you again HA69 and fishing with you today.
WS, PTS and I were getting dressed when HA69 pulled up at the rest stop, I told him I got the color wrong when I made a post yesterday and told Got2fish we were going to be in a white truck(sorry G2F). We were the first on the ice and started catching fish right away but the bigger fish did not show up until we got out into the deeper water. It was a great day on the ice and before it was over the four of us had brought close to 100 fish through the ice. Most were perch but we also caught between twenty to twenty five trout
with a lot of them in the 14 to 15 inch range, plus HA69's big bow. I think we took home 35 perch between the four of us that were 9 to 12 inches. Thanks for a great day on the ice guys, here are the perch I brought home. WH2
[signature]
I didn't see any perch that big where I fished. 12" fattie. nice fillets.
[signature]