Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Lake Flat Reservoir
I decided to leave work early today and do some early fall trout fishing. I headed up to Silver Lake Flat Reservoir and arrived around 3:30 pm. I was the only one fishing the lake. When I arrived at the lake the water was boiling with rising trout. I decided to use lures and jigs to see if I could catch any of these trout. I had a very successful outing. I caught over 20 pan size fish, all rainbows, and released all except my limit of 4. Most of the fish were the same size with a few smaller fish. It was a great day to be on the water and I look forward to another trip to the lake before winter sets in.
I have included some pictures of the scenery around the lake as well as a picture of the fish after I cleaned them. I forgot to take my camera down to the lake and I did not want to hike back to the car to get it because the fish were biting, so these are the only photos. The lake is very low and for those people that are unable to walk or climb you may have a problem accessing the lake. Good luck and I hope you get a chance to fish this lake soon.
[signature]
Thanks for the report.[cool]
[signature]
I need a place to bring some Scouts on October 10-11 and I was thinking Tibble Fork. On Google Maps, SLF is the bigger of the two. Is Tibble Fork fishable right now? And do you think they'll both be fishable in 3 weeks? and which is more user-friendly for a small group of Scouts, as it relates to camping? We'll most likely fish both, and maybe even make the hike to Silver Lake.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
[signature]
:#
[signature]
I would take them up to SLF as well. There are places to put up tents quite close to the SLF...not so at TF.
You could call the Forest Service to get the latest on camping for both places.
[signature]
Last I heard you needed a permit from the forest service to camp anywhere in American Fork Cyn. You should double check with the forest service. Also you cannot camp closer than 1/2 mile from SLF reservoir.
[signature]
If you take them to Silver Lake Flat Reservoir you will probably catch more fish and have a better experience overall. Just know that the water level is really low and you have to walk down a steep rocky bank. Have fun.
[signature]
Good looking for a place to toon around this weekend it was eather slf or Vernon I think SLF. Was the gate across the stream open.
[signature]