Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish finder antennae installation?
The prior owner of my boat hired S&S Marine to install his Lowrance LMS-525C DF fish finder. They mounted the GPS antennae but didn't attach the wires to the fish finder, and he didn't take it back to them (this was two years ago). I have found where the wires from the antennae end and where there are wires to attach to the plug that attaches to the fish finder. I am not sure which set of wires is which, but one set of wires has a ground and two wires and the other set of wires has a ground and three wires. Unfortunately, the wires are different colors, on both sets of wires, so that is no help.

The instruction book for the fish finder states to refer to the module instruction sheet part #988-0154-651. Unfortunately, I don't have that sheet and I can't locate it Online. If I play around connecting the wires is there any risk in damaging the unit and any idea why one set has an extra wire?

Appreciate any help anyone can give me.
[signature]
Kent here you go
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/292996/...-3000.html
[signature]
Hey, thanks Kevin. If I had to do it all over again I would have asked to be smart instead of good looking.[Wink]
[signature]
Took me a minute to find it bit google helped.[laugh]
[signature]
I had also found that site, but I thought it was a site that required payment to get anything. Talked to a tech guy at Lowrance (telephone number was at the end of the information at your link) and he got me pointed in the right direction. The first issue is that the antennae doesn't have power to it and if I'm lucky if I provide power to it all will be well.
[signature]
Good to hear
[signature]
So how does the antennae working for ya?
[signature]
I ran out of time getting everything else ready to go, so I don't know yet. The fish finder is really nice though.
[signature]