Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Fishing Ever - Sheep Creek Res.
Yesterday I started my 2 day fishing trip, but I ended up cutting it short. I had just a dream day. I ended up landing 40 fish and not one was under 2 lbs. So I hauled in well over 100 lbs. of trout. The biggest was 23 inches and close to 4 1/2 lbs. and the smallest was 18 inches. The rest were 19 and above. I didn't get on the water until 10:30 and finished at 5:30. I decided that staying one more day would just spoil it, so I came home to be with my wife.

I really had a great chuckle, the tanker truck full of fish arrived and dumped them in the reservoir, as soon as it left a guy that was out in his pontoon rushed over and start ed fishing for those planters. I was catching monsters and he was catching 8 inch planters. If he would have come my way I would have hooked him up. The last time I fished planters was 50 years ago in the high Uintahs in a stream. I guess he had fun and didn't have a sore arm like me [Smile]
[signature]
Great to hear a good report. Those are some beautiful fish.

I would have thought that the water there would be pretty warm. How deep were they holding?
[signature]
They were in 5 to 7 feet of water. I never caught any in the 9 to 10 feet of water.
[signature]
Truchas,
Wow, sounds like one for the memory book. I wonder if Mt. View is producing equally? I love fishing down there. Way to go. Mike
[signature]
Mike, I went down to Duck Valley as well last Friday and tried both Mt. View and Sheep Creek. Hindsight being 20/20, I should have went to Sheep Creek from the beginning and skipped Mt. View all together. The water level at both reservoirs is very low but the primary difference at Mt. View is the amount of algae in the water is extreme and for me it really affected the fishing negatively. I think that's especially true if you're not planning on getting out in the middle of the reservoir and away from the bank. I only spent a couple of hours at Sheep Creek and did manage to catch one very nice one. Apparently I should have tried fishing a little closer to the dam. [cool]
[signature]
Know what you're saying. The algae took the bloom off the fishing for me at Mann Creek....no pun intended; well, maybe!....I am sending a PM.
[signature]
Those are some big trout, congrats,
Matt
[signature]
Those are some beautiful Trout. They HAD to be a blast.
You ever get down Utah way, I got a spot you will LOVE!
[signature]
I will keep that in mind if I ever come down there to fish. Usually we are down there for family and it is hard to get away to do any fishing.
[signature]
I understand. Just bring gear and waders, Lord knows, I got the boats.
[signature]