Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hyrum and porcupine
Has anyone checked the ice on Porcupine or Hyrum? If nobody knows, I was thinking of driving over there today. I've never been to Porcupine before. What is the road like going up the canyon?

Loren Sackett
[signature]
Once you leave the main road, which likely hasn't seen much in the way of a plow truck, you'll drive a narrow, winding little road up to the dam. It's probably frozen over, but I'd check the ice before stepping out!
The kokes can be a lot of fun up there.
[signature]
Hyrum's definitely not hard enough yet. There are still open spots in the middle the geese are hanging out in and the ice looks slushy and wet elsewhere.
[signature]
I am anxious to here a porcupine report, I want to target some kokes up there soon.
[signature]
I wanted to drive up to porcupine and stomp on the ice to see if I fall through - But I don't know the road and it won't quit snowing! As soon as the weather clears up I hope to take a drive up there and check it out. But the 10 day forecast is nothing but snow!

Polokid, if you'd like some company when you come up, let me know.

Loren Sackett
[signature]
Where do you live? There hasn't been any snow all day in Ogden. It's the first day without any snow for close to a week. WH2
[signature]
WH2, I live up in Logan. Last night it finally stopped snowing up here too. All it took to make the snow stop was putting my car in the shop. The wife and I are going out of town tonight. I've been ITCHING to go ice fishing. The weather finally clears and I'm out of town. Then school starts Monday. My ice fishing season is basically over and the stupid snow kept me scared off the ice. Maybe next year will be better. Anyway, I'm done complaining now.

Loren Sackett
[signature]
I looked at the location that is listed in your profile after I made the post and saw you were from Logan. How was the weather up there today? It snowed early in the morning here, then turned out to be a great day with hardly a cloud in the sky. I hope you make it out a few times before the ice fishing season is over. WH2
[signature]
I hope it stays this beutiful tomorrow because I plan to take my son, and hopefully wife up to lost creek for some trout. Has anyone been up there lately, how is the road and is the gate still open?
Not sure who you are reply to but did you see this thread ?

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=90298;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=90298;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread[/url]
[signature]
Dan,

From what Pred said today and what FishingWaters said yesterday, unless you have a bad a$$ 4WD, you might want to go to Rockport or Echo instead. The road is pretty bad into lost creek.
[signature]