Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear L 10-08-2014
The morning started out with a full eclipse of the moon at 5am. Wiperhunter2 showed up and we were off to the big blue. We were on the lake by 7:30ish and could tell it was going to be a very beautiful day with very light to no wind. It was just a little cool but quickly warmed up when big red came over the top of the mountain. Traveled to east side and started throwing everything in the arsenal at the brutes lurking in the depths. Marked allot of fish hovering off the bottom in 80-100ft and deeper at times and up a ways in column. No takers not even a strike. About 11ish we relocated over to the Rockpile area. Plenty of fish marked here too. These fish are in the lockjaw mode as the arsenal was getting scattered at the back of the boat. Finally 1 lone taker, a fat mack weighing 7lbs, 26in, so the skunk is off. By 2pm we were done and started heading in. Thanks Curt for your company and with your respect of my boat & equipment will always earn you a spot on board, you are a true fisherman. [Image: bobwink.gif] More trips are aligning. As we were heading down the mountain thru Logan Canyon, I forgot that the ranchers herd their cattle off of the open ranges of the mountains onto the hiway. As previously said the skunk was off at the lake but the stink was on in the form of cow sh*t. [shocked] No problem with it getting on the truck, after all its a truck. But, I'm going to spend some time today cleaning the outside of my boat as well as the inside where it slung up & in. [frown] With the nice weather I didn't feel it was necessary to put travel cover on and didn't want to have that hassle of re-installing it later. All previous trips to the Bear I've always used it. Live & learn. [:/] I blame this all around day on a double whammy, a full moon and full eclipse of the moon. It was more of a wrecking ball. Thankfully no disasters or mishaps.
[signature]
Really enjoyed getting up to Big Blue with you Roger, good times, even if the catching was slow. After my last trip up there I was very surprised the cutts did not want to play but that is BL for you. She can bless you one trip and curse you the next but I always consider it a good trip if someone catches a fish. Aren't you going to post a pic of your Mack?
By the way Scott, if your are reading this post, how did you do?
[signature]
Dang I was hoping to hear better news of the fishing by now. I was planning on going up on Monday but maybe I need wait a couple weeks.
[signature]
My arm is being twisted for a pic. I think I better sooth the pain a little with a cold one. The catch weighed in at 7lbs and 26in length. [Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]
Water temp is still pretty warm for a good Fall bite or the moon was a little too bright, one of those excuses are what we are blaming the slow action on[Wink]. We saw your boat in the docks as we were coming in for the day, looks like you have it covered up pretty good.
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Water temp is still pretty warm for a good Fall bite or the moon was a little too bright, one of those excuses are what we are blaming the slow action on[Wink]..[/quote]

Yeah yeah that's what they all say[Tongue]
[signature]
Ya not ours... it's up on the hill in the gated dry storage. Only $35 bucks for the month.
[signature]
Ok, we'll shift the blame to no beer on board.[bobsurprised]
[signature]
[quote Bduck]Ok, we'll shift the blame to no beer on board.[bobsurprised][/quote]

[bobWink]. Ok
[signature]
I fished from about 8am till noon. The first two hours spent at Cisco Beach and the second two at the rockpile. I only marked fish at Cisco Beach as they are staging up for the spawn. It should be good fishing in another week to 10 days. Right now it is lock-jaw city. Surface water is 59.2 degrees. Too warm for them to move in shallow just yet. The rockpile was OK. I caught two decent lakers. One trolling on a flatfish in 73' of water and the other jigging with a tube tipped with cisco in about 53' of water. A beautiful sunny calm fall day! Perfect!
[signature]
We were a little behind you but we did the same thing, moved over to the Rockpile. We saw you there before you left for that area West of the RP, thought maybe you were checking on the white fish. I think that other boat there was ntrl_brn_rebel, wasn't it? Looked like his jet boat. It really was a nice day. Nice going on the macks.
[signature]