Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fish Lake
So how did everybody do that went to Fish Lake? I didn't end up going but still planning on a trip some time this week.
[signature]
55 views already and nobody has made a reply. Whats up guys? Did everybody bail out like I did or is it something else?
[signature]
My dad, a friend of ours and I made it up there 01/01. We got there about 8 am and there were already quite a few out on the ice. We went to the second turnout past Lakeside and fished in 15 to 25 feet of water just past the weed line. We didn't keep track of total numbers of fish but we caught somewhere around 30 trout between the 3 of us. It wasn't one of the hottest fishing trips we've ever had there but it was sure a lot better than Otter Creek on 12/31 (don't bother going there). My dad used a white watta cricket and so did our friend. I used a white 2" tube jig and had bites all day but couldn't set the hook. We tipped all of our jigs with either meal worms or a slice of perch meat. So far this is the best place to fish down south. The drought has ruined the rest of the fishing holes around here. Take your tents it was colder than a you know what. The ice was 6" thick where we were, but from twin creeks down to about Macinaw it was open water. The farther we got from shore the thinner the ice got.

Mjigs
[signature]
My family and I went to Fish Lake on New Years Day. We fished just past twin creeks, just past the open water from the creeks. The depth was 8-28 feet. The perch were in 13 feet of water on the weed line. The trout seemed to be more towards the 28 feet. I did not catch many perch. Anyone know where they are? We only caught 8 rainbows and a couple of splake. I say only because last year we were pulling 30 fish each out of the ice. Maybe things will improve when the rest of the lake freezes over. I usually fish much farther down the road towards the end of the lake. Last year I was limiting out on perch in 1/2 hour. Are most of the perch at the far end? I did bring in one lake trout that was between 4-6 lbs. Came through my hole snapped my line and dived down my wifes hole. The wind came up so hard it pulled my ice house down the lake even with a 240 lb anchor dragging it down. (Me)[Wink] One of the poles in my ice house snapped. So if you go be prepared for the elements.

Good Luck Everyone

Windriver
[signature]
Hey Maraboujigs I tried to get a hold of you but I figured you already left for Richfield. I was going to call your cell but couldn't find the number, oh well. I've got plenty more days of good weather fishing yet to come.
[signature]