Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shore fishing for Cats
Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to the boards but I have been reading it for a few weeks now. I want to take my daughter this Saturday night about 330ish AM catfishing at crawdad cove. Gonna use livers and anchovies. And help would be great! If I can get her to hook a couple then I think she'll be hooked as well! Thanks!
[signature]
Welcome to the forums.

I've caught them on nightcrawlers in that area.

Be sure to really have the rod placed/anchored well. A cat can yank a rod in the water reallllly fast.

A "standard" carolina type of rig works fine.

Keep the daughter close. I've ran into fairly big packs of coyotes in that area in the early hours. One or two is whatever packs start to get to me when my daughter was with me. This was 3-4 years ago before buying a boat.
[signature]
Also bring some canned sweet corn. I do better with sweet corn for cats on Mead than any other bait, including blood baits, liver, and nightcrawlers.

You will however also catch carp on it.
[signature]

Thanks guys I appreciate the replies. Im not stuck on Crawdad Cove I could just as easily go to Boxcar or another spot. I have a 4x4 so im open to any advice. Thanks!
[signature]
So... How did you do?

As pointed out corn is excellent bait. Cheap easy to chum with. And yup you will catch carp, which is fine they fight good, just throw them back or on the bank for the yotes your choice...

Did you all do well?
[signature]

Well we got a late start and didn't get to the water until about 5:30am. I have to say I can barely recognize Crawdad Cove. It was pretty low. We used livers, and chovies and got a couple nibbles but we came up dry. No fish Sad We fished until about 10am then had to head back. Will try again next weekend maybe try boulder beach.
[signature]
Bummer.

Good luck at boulder. You try over byt the 33 hole? I used to have good luck there for cats... Long hike but the fishing could be very good.
[signature]
I was going to try hole 33 but I've heard it gets pretty crowded.
[signature]