Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Buck
Although I had two elk tags this year, we just couldn't find them. So opening morning when we walked 100 yards from our campsite and were able to take this guy, I call that a successful year. After I get it butchered tonight I will get another picture of the antlers. The last picture is my 2 year old Ethan. He did not want to go back inside after we got him hung in the garage. Can't wait till he can go with.
[signature]
Nice Job Macfisher, Congrats on a nice buck for the freezer.
[signature]
Nice! Do you think he was an older buck on the decline or is he just genetically missing that back tine?

I've got a buddy that shot a 3pt almost that big years ago, he said lots of the mature animals in that area were missing brow tines and one of their back tines
[signature]
Congrats, thanks for posting the story and the pics. [Smile]
[signature]
I think he was a three or four year old buck by his body size. Of course I am no expert. The one side did have a smaller eye guard which leads me to believe he was a younger buck. I think his body was still learning how to grow them. Had he lived another year he may have even had both eye guards. Besides that he was pretty symmetrical all the way around. I have seen bigger bucks in the same area, and would have love to have gotten one of them. Luckily for me when a good size deer comes around I shoot. I would love to have that trophy one day but for now the meat off this deer, the story, and a good looking set of antlers will suffice.

Two years in a row, after life was always getting in the way of hunting season, of making memories hunting with my Dad. Those will out last the meat and the antlers. Thanks Dad for instilling the tradition of hunting and sportsmanship in me all my life. I look forward to every hunting, fishing, and outdoor adventure we have together.
[signature]