Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Report 01/01/04
Went to Jordanelle for our 1st Ice fishing trip of the year. With the threat of bad weather we waited until that morning to make our decision to go so we did not make it to up there until 9:30. We fished in the Rockcliffs area and it had 4" to 6" of ice and you could see open water out away's. This this the first time that I had ice fished at Jordanelle so i was unfamiliar about where to fish. We spent the first few hours in the wrong area with only catching 1 15" trout and 2 small Perch. We kept moving and finally found the fish. We ending up catching 6 rainbows in the 14" to 17" inch range. My boy also helped me land a 20" Brown which was the highlight of the trip. The perch action was off and on and this made it fun for the kid's. We used glow jigs tipped with worms and Perch meat. I caught the brown on a glow tipped with Perch. There was only 2 other groups there and I talked to 1 group and they had there limit of trout all nice sized. Overall we had a Great trip and look forward to the next.
[signature]
Thanks for the report KnM, sometime you got to move around a lot to find the fish sometime you get lucky the first try.
It sounds like you did good when you found the right spot. Polokid was talking about going to Jordanelle on Sunday so I'm sure there are a few people that welcome your report. Did you see anyone catching any big perch? WH2
[signature]
I did not see any big Perch caught. The ones that we caught were anywhere from 7" down to the little dink's.
[signature]
How deep were you fishing????
[signature]
I didn't bring my fishfinder because i did not have any battery's and did not want to stop and buy any so i did not get any accurate depth's. I did the old sinker drop to the bottom and it was around 10-12'. When we first started it was closer to 7-8'. I think that if we found deeper water we would have done better. I will save that for the next trip.
[signature]
Thanks for the report . I wish I would of went there today . I have float tubed it so that will help me in finding the deeper parts . Did you go south or west from the parking area ? How deep was the snow around and could you drive to the water . Thanks
[signature]
We started out by going West which was our mistake. We we went South we found the deeper water and more fish. You can drive almost to the edge of the ice, but you need 4 wheel drive. The road down had been plowed at one point but it did have snow on it. There was about 2-3 feet of snow on the sides of the road. Because i only have a 2 wheel drive truck with poor traction i parked up hire and drove the 4 Wheeler down closer i did not drive to much on the ice because of it being a little on the thinner side.
[signature]